VIS STOCK profile cf hood?

Discussion in 'Exterior and Interior' started by 410sn95, Feb 27, 2014.

1. 410sn95

410sn95 Active Member

Anyone here own one? Curious about the fit, finish and weight.

Thanks.

2. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Not a ton of people have VIS products here.
    [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] do you know anything about their quality of CF?

3. 410sn95

410sn95 Active Member

I know some of the VIS stuff has had issues but very curious about this particular hood and hope someone has some experience with it.

4. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I am still wanting to go CF and VIS is the only real brand I have found that does CF. Only thing I have heard about them, or any CF is that some of them turn yellow. I have heard which ones specifically but was willing to try.

Might be able to get them cheaper with 2 at a time.

5. 410sn95

410sn95 Active Member

ttocs: Are you wanting to stay exposed weave? Seems VIS is th eonly one really that does exposed weave.

I currently run a real CF hood and HAD to paint, most real CF ones that come from the race companies dont come with exposed weave and painting is mandatory. Plus they don't have stock hood lines.

The yellowing is not a factor, the VIS hood would be painted in this application. The CF is wanted for weight savings and that alone.

I did find a place that is selling em for $486. I wonder if thats a typo, or they havent updated their website...

http://www.octanemotorsports.com/94...-p-2626.html?gclid=CLOjqZ6A7bwCFU5efgodIlcA0w

6. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I would like to paint the edges and use some black candy to tint the center section that would be exposed. I want it to be visable from 6-10 ft but further then that just look black ya know?

7. Ferocious

Ferocious Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Although I don't have any experience with mustang hoods from them, i'll provide what I can.

My buddy got a carbon fiber CSL trunk from them at wholesale price and we picked it up from their warehouse to save on shipping.
    The finish was spectacular; definitely a solid piece. Its weight was way lighter than the stock trunk, definitely not just a pound or two lighter. It's almost dangerous to open it without it smacking the rear window as of how quickly it can come up with the slightest effort. The fitment was a solid 8/10. It's off center by about 1/2 cm on one side and that's it. It's not really noticeable unless someone actually pointed it out and took the time to inspect both sides.

I know that this had nothing to do with a mustang hood, but fwiw that's what quality is to be expected from them on a cf product.

Here is a close up of the trunk: (im assuming the hood won't be too much different)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. chris91

chris91 Well-Known Member

I've ran VIS hoods on a lot of the imports I used to own. One of the best fitting CF hoods. Does Seibon make Mustang hoods? They are another good company.

9. ttocs

ttocs Legend

10. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

according to their site, they dont have anything older than 05 except for focus.

11. 410sn95

410sn95 Active Member