Voodoo flat plane crank

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
They aren't being made anymore mainly due to inefficiency. That's why cars like the m5/6 use a twin turbo v8 instead of a v10 like the previous generation and the new Ford gt uses a twin turbo v6 instead of a supercharged v8. It's all about efficiency and doing more with less. Why else do you guys think most manufacturers are using turbos in almost every thing. Even their kids tricycle at home has a turbo. Because racec-... oh...wait... motorcycle?...racecycle?... hmmm...

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Efficiency standards are fleet based guys...remember that. They average every models mileage together. They had a diesel, shouldve kept it just for that. Tge excursions are awesome i love them(as long as you keep that crappy 6.0 out) they are still worth alot! Im by no means a chevy guy. My first car was a 83 monte carlo, it also had the first motor i ever built. A 383 stroker, my wife had a suburban. That was the biggest piece of crap ive ever owned by the way, but it was roomy, had all the options. Here is another thing, from the factory gm says its exceptable for thier 5.3 to burn a quart of oil between oil changes! What? Are you kidding me! Their new camaro is pretty sharp, doesnt mean i will ever own one. My point is still the same, every car maker is different, they will try to achieve the same goal in a different way. In the end they all get there but each one will have its bump in the road. Now moar mustang talk....

Nighttrain

Reaction score
They aren't being made anymore mainly due to inefficiency. That's why cars like the m5/6 use a twin turbo v8 instead of a v10 like the previous generation and the new Ford gt uses a twin turbo v6 instead of a supercharged v8. It's all about efficiency and doing more with less. Why else do you guys think most manufacturers are using turbos in almost every thing. Even their kids tricycle at home has a turbo. Because racec-... oh...wait... motorcycle?...racecycle?... hmmm...

They use turbos because it recycles the gasses. Everyone is using it now, ford, dodge, chevy, hyundai, you name it. That is there way to reduce emissions. It doesnt mean they arent using those cars to keep their guzzlers in the line-up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online