Voodoo flat plane crank

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by Frank.JD.Perez, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Frank.JD.Perez

Frank.JD.Perez Legend

They aren't being made anymore mainly due to inefficiency. That's why cars like the m5/6 use a twin turbo v8 instead of a v10 like the previous generation and the new Ford gt uses a twin turbo v6 instead of a supercharged v8. It's all about efficiency and doing more with less. Why else do you guys think most manufacturers are using turbos in almost every thing. Even their kids tricycle at home has a turbo. Because racec-... oh...wait... motorcycle?...racecycle?... hmmm...

2. 96blak54

96blak54 Legend

You even understand government mandatory standards. ...lol

3. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

What ever happened to [MENTION=20078]DavidBoren[/MENTION] ?

4. 96blak54

96blak54 Legend

Did I run him off too?

5. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member Admin SN95 Supporter

I don't know.

He lived in the build section and was just gone one day.

6. Nighttrain

Nighttrain Well-Known Member

Efficiency standards are fleet based guys...remember that. They average every models mileage together. They had a diesel, shouldve kept it just for that. Tge excursions are awesome i love them(as long as you keep that crappy 6.0 out) they are still worth alot! Im by no means a chevy guy. My first car was a 83 monte carlo, it also had the first motor i ever built. A 383 stroker, my wife had a suburban. That was the biggest piece of crap ive ever owned by the way, but it was roomy, had all the options. Here is another thing, from the factory gm says its exceptable for thier 5.3 to burn a quart of oil between oil changes! What? Are you kidding me! Their new camaro is pretty sharp, doesnt mean i will ever own one. My point is still the same, every car maker is different, they will try to achieve the same goal in a different way. In the end they all get there but each one will have its bump in the road. Now moar mustang talk....

7. Nighttrain

Nighttrain Well-Known Member

They use turbos because it recycles the gasses. Everyone is using it now, ford, dodge, chevy, hyundai, you name it. That is there way to reduce emissions. It doesnt mean they arent using those cars to keep their guzzlers in the line-up