Vortech blower or H/C/I

scootin95gts

Reaction score
okay around the end of this year i will be getting about 3000.00 from work and was wondering would be the best thing to get as of know my car is stock with the full exhuast,egr/smog del,pullies,cai and wires. If i get the supercharger what are the mods i would need to be able to run it smoothly? I already think i might need some bigger injectors and what else i dont know..Hopefully ill have my transmission by then :mad:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
go Kenne Bell that way you dont have to waste boost. Plus you can get 300HP and 390TQ out of them with a stock block stock internal motor. if you really want to get crazy go turbo and say bye bye to any Z06

ryclef331

Reaction score
for the best driveability, i gotta vote stock motor with a blower....

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
so the blower is the way to go huh? what other upgrades should i star getting to compliment the blower? and where could i get a kenne bell for a good price?

Reaction score
Vortech at 8psi with 36lb injectors should be fine.

-Bigger MAF
-255lph Fuel pump
-Trex that comes with the vortech
-Boost gauge :)

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
do they give you the fuel injectors in the kit?and how much of a gain should i expect from the vortech?and i found the kenne bell charger for like 3400.00 and does that sound right to anyone? and does it come with everything like the one gdawg had

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
i was thinkging and would it be best to maybe get some 3.73's,lower control arms,cc plates,maybe some corbeau seats,subframe conn and what else do you guys think? heres my car

[attachment deleted by admin]

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
scootin95gts said:
do they give you the fuel injectors in the kit?and how much of a gain should i expect from the vortech?and i found the kenne bell charger for like 3400.00 and does that sound right to anyone? and does it come with everything like the one gdawg had

fuel inj. should come with the kit.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Dang, I've NEVER seen an SN95 5.0 with red interior. I didn't even know that was an option. Cool.

Oh, and you can find used S-trim kits on the corral all the time for cheap. Buy one, send it to Vortech to be rebuilt, and you're still ahead. Get a pair of 42lb injectors, matching MAF, fuel upgrades, and get it tuned at a local dyno with a chip and you're golden. Oh, I would also recommend an Anderson power pipe.

Paul.

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
like some of them but dont like the fact of not having everything to hook one up. Rather buy the kit knowing i can hook it up with confidence and not wonder if i have everything

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
You just have to educate yourself on what's needed for install. You can download detailed instructions off of Vortech's website along with a complete parts list.

I bought a T-Trim with the race internals, one-of-a-kind 94-95 10rib setup with billet tensioner and pulleys, 4" blower inlet, custom foxbody TB conversion charge tube, Greddy BOV, multiple belts, pulleys, upgraded couplers and clamps, and so on and so forth for $3000. Nothing is missing, and I'm going to buy all ARP bolts for it anyway, so it was a no-brainer.

Paul.

ripper

Reaction score
I think a KB is gonna cost alot more than 3k isnt it guys?

ryclef331

Reaction score
Remember if you want a great all around street car that has power on demand, go Kenne Bell

If you want the fastest ET at the track....Vortech or ProCharger.

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
well i would like a kenne bell but how much does the kit cost i saw it for a little over 3grand is this right?And if i add the HCI will my drivability be lossed and what about realiabilty? and which one do you recommend?I like the trick flow,but is there something out there that isnt as much that add good power and is good quality?

ripper

Reaction score
Get yourself a procharger scoot you wont be sorry. Kit comes with everything including intercooler. A good tune and your all set. :thumb:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online