vortech FMU?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The vortech kit I got did not have the FMU in it. I honestly am not sure what my options are here as to get one, get something else or what? I can reward any help with all the money in my left front pants pocket :p and a piece of gum. Hubba bubba grape flavored if that sweetens the pot!:thumbsup:

kb1982

Reaction score
Bigger fuel injectors and a tune is what you will need. Or you could go the route of fuel injectors and a maf sensor that is calibrated for them. That route would require you to also run your timing locked or use a boost timing retard box to pull out timing based on amount of boost. When I first got my car which is running a v2 up to 16 psi, it was setup with a msd 6btm to handle pulling out timing, and 42 lb injectors with a matched pro m maf. Now I have the btm still there, but im just using it for the cdi ignition, it no longer even has a vacuum line ran to it. The maf sensor died, and went into the trash. Instead of spending another 300 bucks for a maf, i bought a Megasquirt Pnp ecm to handle everything using speed density. I would stay away from the fmu all together. I would get the biggest injectors you can get a good deal on myself. The 42's work for me right now, but it doesnt leave me much wiggle room for slapping on a smaller blower pulley. Anywhere from 42-88lb running will be fine using gas. E85 alwayss require bigger fuel injector to make the same amount of horsepower

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so it can be done through a tune and bigger injectors? I already upgraded the fuel pump to a 255 I think it was but I do have the tank out currently if I need to increase it as well.

kb1982

Reaction score
so it can be done through a tune and bigger injectors? I already upgraded the fuel pump to a 255 I think it was but I do have the tank out currently if I need to increase it as well.

You are correct. Bigger injectors and a tune are all you need. The 255 pump should be fine as well. I would highly encourage you to get a tune at a dyno verseus any mail order tune. That way they can physically see what the engine needs and adjust in right then and there.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
no need to convince me that dyno>mail order I already learned that lesson. My only possible problem there is that the shop is about an hour away. I have a 2nd chip that I am hoping he could throw something conservative at to get the car down there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online