Vortech VS KB

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Alright, so here it is. I have been doing constant research on the two. I have read forum after forum about the KB's and the Vortech's. Throughout my travels I have seen the same thing over and over... KB is the best for street and Vortech's are reliable and customer support is top notch. Thats all fine and dandie however I want to know how the vortech's perform... Are they good for street applications? What kind of benefits will I see from it? Can i Keep my 4.10's in? Will 4.10's help me get the RPM's needed to really get the boost from a vortech? And about what kind of RWHP and TQ can I expect from my car running 9lbs of boost from one.... (I know there is the calculator on a thread, i mean with my car and its current mods.)

I just want to thank you all in advance because this is a really big thing to me. Oh and thanks to everyone so far who has helped me on this Forum! This is a god-send!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well with the vortec the power is only Peak.

WIth the KB, it's over a greater RPM range. you probably know that.

I drove my uncles 98 with an SQ. It was nice, but not that great. you're waiting for the power.
Once you get used to it, you want more.
Less traction issues.

It's really low VS high.

Your gears would be ok on the Hair Dryer, but on the KB, it's too much torque multiplication down low.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
With My 4.10's though I get the RPM's Up pretty damn fast... Wont that be a benefit? Also, isn't the largest problem with the stock 5.0's the HP? Wont it be better to try and salvage some power on the upper end(High RPM's / HP) as opposed to just adding it to the lower(Tq)?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
Stopsign32v said:
KB would be much, much, much more fun on the street.

Okay... so whats the vortech good for then?

what he means is because of the almost INSTANT full boost that you get with the KB blower it will be more of a blast to drive because of all that power at the " tap " of the throttle. Compared to the centi style blower ( vortech ) that has to trun a couple thousand rpm before you get that BIG power feeling out of it.

I myself would love to have a KB but because of the cost issue im going with a ATI Procharger, the kb would be just over 6 grand, the ATI is right at 3700. So your talking almost twice as much for the KB and its not going to give any more bottom line power than the Procharger will.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The vortec is WAAAY better than NA, like any blower is.
It's more of a building power, if you like the feel of increasing acceleration.

The KB is more instang, stomp it you got it.

I guess the Vortec could be better for traction?

Either one will be a lot of fun.
The question is, do you want the power to hit low to mid, or mid to high rpm?

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
I personally would go with a good HCI setup before I would put a blower on. You will get that BADASS idle and your car will seem more naturally powerful. Plus you will be able to say the powers all motor :banana: .

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
The vortec is WAAAY better than NA, like any blower is.
It's more of a building power, if you like the feel of increasing acceleration.

The KB is more instang, stomp it you got it.

I guess the Vortec could be better for traction?

Either one will be a lot of fun.
The question is, do you want the power to hit low to mid, or mid to high rpm?

I would Like more Mid to High hittin power, I also love the feeling of increasing power over time... And I thought about a HCI for the car but this route is more cost effective.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
See although the illusion of going fast is nice, I would rather see the 11 on the board....

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
See although the illusion of going fast is nice, I would rather see the 11 on the board....

Damn right :boink: Procharger here I come :dancing6: :dancing6:

97vertstang

Reaction score
my buddy has 3.73s and 10psi on a 94 cobra, full exhaust and bolt ons. with 275 nitto drags, he cant grab traction worth a shit!!!! i driven his car and it is insane!!!!!if i were to supercharge my car it would definitely be centri.its pretty easy to install, very good street manners, good gas mileage, wont stress the engine as much, and WAAAAAY cheaper.dont get me wrong a kb is great and i cant imagine 400 ft lbs of torque at a tap of the throttle but considering everything, a centri is an easier way to go.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I just know that ANY blower will be an improvement over what I have. I mean, I have some bolt ons, but nothing major! I just want to have some more (safe) fun!

jpajkos

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
CanaryGT said:

Damn right :boink: Procharger here I come :dancing6: :dancing6:

HIGH FIVE TO SNAKE

Damn right intercooled ATI here I come as well!!!!! While you guys are doing you 11s i'll wave when I pass you buy doing 10s :santa_cheesy:

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
You and your damn Modular.... :rant: Naw, just kidding, im just a little jealous... I mean, at least your block can handle 500+ ponies.... Mine would just go KABOOM!

97vertstang

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
You and your damn Modular.... :rant: Naw, just kidding, im just a little jealous... I mean, at least your block can handle 500+ ponies.... Mine would just go KABOOM!
thats why ford just released the new boss 302 block :santa_grin:

jpajkos

Reaction score
isn't the new 302 block a modular or did they go back to a pushrod?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online