vt engines questions (long)

mark8796

Reaction score
hey fellers, i just sent vt engines tech dept a e-mail...any thoughts, tips, ideas? here it is:

hello, if i get long winded, i apologize...but i like what i see on your site and have heard great things about your products. i have some questions before i "delve in" and want to get everything straight. i've got a '96 mustang GT(S) {came w/ manual windows/locks, no fog lts, no wing, cassette/no cd, and 3.27 gears instead of 3.08s). car has 94,000 miles w/ stock: (bottom end, heads, npi intake, 19# injectors, computer). currently i'm running a 8# powerdyne s/c, 190lph fuel pump, stock maf sensor, accufab plenum/75mm TB, 3.73 frpp gears, fms aluminum driveshaft, centerforce dual friction clutch, diablosport "maf"ia maf spoofer, bassani catalytic x-pipe, flowmaster 2 chamber cat-back, ngk stock heat range spark plugs and a pro 5.0 short throw shifter. i have bassani optimum length headers and 30# frpp injectors still in the box to install yet. i currently have the car tore down for a pi intake and pi cam install. i sent my s/c back to powerdyne for 60K mile servicing. while it's away, i got to thinking. i'm looking at your vt stage 2 romeo heads, vt stage 2 blower cams, arp head bolts, ? type head gaskets, ? type exhaust gaskets. questions are: will these heads raise my compression ratio? (i am leary due to the s/c, and there is no more 100 octane available out here in vegas, all we got is 91). what other parts would i need for the swap? do you all know of any good dyno tune shops in las vegas, nevada to do a dyno tune for me after all is said and done? will the comp cams valve springs in the stage 2 vt heads satisfy the required valve spring upgrade of the vt stage 2 blower cams? will these heads/cams work w/ the stock pcm? what is the operating rpm range of these cams? any piston-to-valve clearance issues? i am not looking to make a "drag only" car, just looking to have some fun. what do you think of my set-up/plans? If i were to order the above parts and whatever you recommend as needed in addition, could i catch a deal (as an sn-95 forums member?) would you accept 2 forms of payment (debit and credit card)? please let me know, i am eager to get this car going again, the right way. love your site and items! :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
well VT engines isn't a sponsor of Sn95forums.com, so you won't get a deal....but if you want just the top end stuff, you might want to look at powerheads.com which is a sponsor and offers us an awesome discount.

and yes, those heads will raise your compression.

and IMO, i would get a built shortblock if you are going through the hassle of redoing the top end, it will save you the time later of going back and doing it.

OP
OP
M

mark8796

Reaction score
DFG, thanks for the response. I would love to get a forged/stroked/big-bore bottom end...but, $ is an issue, like most guys on this site. would compression ratio increase be danger city in my case? vt's site struck me better than powerheads. but they do have some good stuff. thanks again!

ripper

Reaction score
If you plan on staying at 8lbs the 10:1 comp will be ok on the stock bottom.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have dealt with VT numerous times and they are great guys (eventhough i'd hate to be them and have to read all the emails people send them and include every detail about the car etc :) ) but your compression will go up in the 10.3 area and require 93octane fuel...its not optimum for boost with the shitty cracked rods Ford gave us stock but if you keep the boost under 10psi and get a really good tune then you will be ok.

Now since you are not building the shortblock at this time and concerned about high compression and ability to get good fuel why not get some ported NPI' heads or better yet find some SVO/FRPP heads as neither will raise compression.

try www.steenracing.com for these heads.

voidfinger

Reaction score
if you did want to run the pi heads then get the cosmetic gaskets that you can get in different thicknesses and it will keep your CR down to what you need it.

So guys, your telling me that you can run the 10.3:1 cr with the supercharger? i've heard thats a no no even with forged internals. And you guys think he can run this with the factory bottoM? Just wondering b/c it seems to go against my logic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online