Want To Buy Want to buy 96 gt red plastic vacuum lines

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for a set of the red plastic hard vacuum lines and connectors (hopefully all in one piece) for my 96 gt. If anyone has a set or knows where I can purchase a new one I would greatly appreciate it!

lutter94

Reaction score
Use heat shrink to fix it, works like a charm.

edit. Thats broke off pretty close. Might not be possible for the one.....

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Use heat shrink to fix it, works like a charm.

edit. Thats broke off pretty close. Might not be possible for the one.....

If I can't find any here or the junkyard I'll try it, but yeah they broke off in the worst spot lol

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Could bend up some brake lines in the same shape. That stuff is easy to bend up and it wont crush, swell ,or break. Might rust but I doubt it.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Could bend up some brake lines in the same shape. That stuff is easy to bend up and it wont crush, swell ,or break. Might rust but I doubt it.

I like this plan, especially with the new flexible copper colored alloy brake lines they have. I'm off work tomorrow and plan on stopping by a junkyard. If they don't have anything, I'll probably make my own. I'm not sure if the ID of the brake lines are larger, but it's worth a shot. Thanks for the idea!

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Cool....to be honest. ..the idea hit me when I read your last post..lol!
I like the copper idea too!

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Cool....to be honest. ..the idea hit me when I read your last post..lol!
I like the copper idea too!
Whatever works and has longevity is what I'm looking for. I honestly don't know how the plastic lines last more than a few years, it would be nice to have some metal lines that last if you remove them once

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
This is true. A little funny,...as I remove those lines, im pain stakenly cautious to not damage them and then I proceed to the top shelf carring it like the holy grail!!
I may run to the parts store and investigate this idea myself. Hey do a write up if you have good luck with it.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
This is true. A little funny,...as I remove those lines, im pain stakenly cautious to not damage them and then I proceed to the top shelf carring it like the holy grail!!
I may run to the parts store and investigate this idea myself. Hey do a write up if you have good luck with it.
I will do a write up if I have to resort to it! I was extra cautious taking them off, carefully placed them in a box, then put my coil packs and wires on top... That was the breaking point lol. Live and learn, I figured they would be an autozone part since they are so brittle

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Got to the junkyard and snagged some lines off a crown vic. They just told me to take it since I already paid a dollar to get in lol. I think with some heat shrink I can make one out of this and my existing one.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Just FYI the lines just pull out of those rubber connectors and you can replace the vacuum lines with off the shelf stuff at the local parts house.

OP
OP
B

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Just FYI the lines just pull out of those rubber connectors and you can replace the vacuum lines with off the shelf stuff at the local parts house.

I actually found that out as I was putting together the lines on my kitchen table. Just ended up cutting and using the good lines and better shape connectors from the crown vic. For $1 I can't complain about the price of the "new" lines tho. The car idles a little better now tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online