want to make sure fox valve covers fit over trickflow heads

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am wanting to switch my valve covers as they are just a cheap stamped set. I like the clean lines on the fox valve covers and have an idea to customize them, but want to be sure that they will fit over trickflow heads with 1.6 RR's if I cut the baffles out? Also need to make sure that there isn't a huge problem with the filler neck and the vortech supercharger I guess?

And then if they do fit, anyone have a set?

Magic

Reaction score
Check the sticky up top. Yes they fit. You might run into a problem with the filler neck if you have a strut brace (cut and shorten or cut and angle it).

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok cool thanks. next question is that I will need to run some lines to them for a catch can. I know that space is tight and I just want to make sure that there is space to run make a hole and tap some kind of connection to them to connect too.

Kboss87

Reaction score
I just recently installed fox body valve covers on my TW set-up. With 1.6rr's, I had to cut out the baffles and they fit over the valve-train fine. I had major issues with alternator clearance and had to cut/weld the passenger vc to clear it. Hopefully you won't run into this issue since vortech moves the alternator.

ok cool thanks. next question is that I will need to run some lines to them for a catch can. I know that space is tight and I just want to make sure that there is space to run make a hole and tap some kind of connection to them to connect too.

I would weld on -10an aluminum bungs to the vc's.

Kboss87

Reaction score
Should work if strategically placed on the v/c. Personally, I would just pay the few bucks to have someone weld them on.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
my other dilemma with that is that I just got a welder last year with a spool gun an argon tank and all but like ferris buehler with his clarinet, never had 1 lesson! Still learning a lot and don't want to dick it up myself and would now hate to pay someone else to do it after buying the welder. I am gong to attempt some aluminum welding hopefully this weekend that might work as practice for this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online