Want to put high end race seats in my '95 Cobra R

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.
I have some existing Momo cloth seats in my car now. These are one piece fiberglass and they're getting a little old. I bought a floor mount that fits my floor pan, but I had to fabricate brackets to adapt to the Momo side mounts.
For my new seats I would prefer to buy seats from a manufacturer that has a clean mounting system for my '95. Does such a thing exist or am I stuck fabricating something?
Is there any seat manufacturer that has their own brackets?

Thanks, Perry

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
corbeau makes brackets that fit perfectly and are nice and beefy. I have their GT2 seat which I will have to say unless your a skinny little shhit like myself(5ft 10 and 170) get the wider body seats. I will have to get a pic but I picked up the nicest version they make with napa/alcantara leather from a former member on here that got them and barely used them prior to parting out his car. I have been cleaning p the interior and can get pics of it later today.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Another good choice is BiMarco for FIA certified seats. That company offers top notch seats and will make them according to body measurements you provide them.

OP
OP
CobraRGuy

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions. I looked at the Corbeau seats, but will also check out the BiMarco. I checked out the Sparco seats which are very nice, but pricey, and they do offer mounts for the SN95.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions. I looked at the Corbeau seats, but will also check out the BiMarco. I checked out the Sparco seats which are very nice, but pricey, and they do offer mounts for the SN95.

You need to determine if you want a specific seating position or adjustability.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you keep your eyes open its not hard to find a good deal on used seats if its not a big rush.

OP
OP
CobraRGuy

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
You need to determine if you want a specific seating position or adjustability.
Hi,
I'm specifically looking for a 1-piece seat in either fiberglass or carbon fiber. Since my car has no rear seat I have no need to get back there. I have a roll bar that blocks access to the rear seat area as well.
I plan to use side mounting where I can set the angle and height fairly easily. I'm really liking the Sparco EVO QRT. Sparco sells a floor mount that lists from 79 through 98 Mustang. Their side mounts (I hope and have asked) will bolt directly to the floor mount and enable me to position the seat right where I need it without having to fabricate anything.
Thanks, Perry

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online