Warrior's grandpa car

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Also had to repair the pi intake. The coolant nipple on the back of the intake broke off, so I cut it flush and drilled it out. Then tapped it to 3/8 npt. Had to wait for a 3/8 npt to 3/4 barb to get here. I JB welded the threads and let that sit over night and all day today. I should be able to fill the coolant and run it today.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
EGR delete looks good. Can you even see it enough to worry about revisiting it?

Also, fix the oil leak. Thanks ;)

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
EGR delete looks good. Can you even see it enough to worry about revisiting it?

Also, fix the oil leak. Thanks ;)

I dont think anyone would ever notice the egr stuff, its real close to the cowl. Annnndddddd, the oil leak is definitely fixed lol.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Today will be the first real drive with the grandpa car. I trailered it to work today (75 miles away) and will be driving it home. Looks like we will be in rain and heat, on top of new orleans rush hour traffic. That sounds like a good way to break it in and see if there are any issues.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Uhhh....did you not pay attention to the time of sunset? Its 30min later. Warrior tromped down on it and cause earth rotation to cease.....sunset 30min late.

damon81nola

Reaction score
Today will be the first real drive with the grandpa car. I trailered it to work today (75 miles away) and will be driving it home. Looks like we will be in rain and heat, on top of new orleans rush hour traffic. That sounds like a good way to break it in and see if there are any issues.

Man. New Orleans traffic is a beast. I know, I have to at this point have to drive to it to get to mine just to work on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
The first drive (and many following) did good. I’ve got about 1k miles on it now and all seems well. It’s getting about 23 mpg and is so smooth and quiet. I’m really digging it. I started a new job last week and this has been my daily and has been doing great.

Today I did pads and rotors all around and changed the pitman arm and idler arm that tightened up the steering nicely. I am also working on collecting parts for the rear end build, going 3.73 and have to install a trac loc unit as this one is open diff. Then I’ve got a line on a guy that will build me a full custom exhaust as all the pre fab kits are much too expensive. Until then, I’ll keep on driving it.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Man I miss my p71... I loved driving that thing around town. Soon Ill have my marquis to cruise around in, cant wait. I love panther cars, did I already mention that? Lol.

OP
OP
lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
It’s been rolling good. I’ve seriously been thinking about a b head swap. I’m going to do gears and exhaust but I only want to tune once, so I’m planning my mods accordingly and will get it tuned one time. Until then, I am driving it daily and working on the mustan

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
It’s been rolling good. I’ve seriously been thinking about a b head swap. I’m going to do gears and exhaust but I only want to tune once, so I’m planning my mods accordingly and will get it tuned one time. Until then, I am driving it daily and working on the mustan

Pics, we need new pics!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010