was ford smart

smokeybear

Reaction score
do you guys think ford was smart making the new mustangs bigger and heavier. That is what kind of what almost killed the mustang in the first place

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
no it was one of the dumbest REPEATS they have ever done. Instead of adding the weight they should have took off a few hundred pounds. I like the 3 valve 300hp 4.6 ................but thats about it.

OP
OP
S

smokeybear

Reaction score
my neighbor just bought a 05 gt of a lease.It just feels like a boat. a fast boat but aboat none the less. plus my 03 just feels tighter in the steering and the suspention and i need new struts. thats why im asking.

Bluextc

Reaction score
My husband's got an 06 GT (5 speed). I hated driving it, just felt like a (fast) big wallowing pig. I gave him a JLT CAI and SCT xcal2 with a Brenspeed tune for Christmas, and I have to say, it added alot to the car. I don't hate driving it now, just still don't like it much, tho. Too big and heavy, imo.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The 05 imo felt fast, and deffently felt solid which is nice but imagine they were the same weight as they were in the foxbody coupe range...man that would fly. I agree it stupid but its what the people want in general.

95-stang

Reaction score
Only time will tell, i'm sure in another 20 years it will be a classic anyway. :)

d_punch

Reaction score
i just wished Ford would stop fucking around with these small cubic inch engines already, and start putting some serious cubes and keep the fucking price down. i don't care what the car looks like.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
d_punch said:
i just wished Ford would stop fucking around with these small cubic inch engines already, and start putting some serious cubes and keep the fucking price down. i don't care what the car looks like.

Will never happen and they dont need to, look at family car 4cly and v6 making the same power as mustangs V8s. Gas in anything larger then a 302 will scare people.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
i never understood why there is a v6 mustang...mustang=v8 muscle and torque to me...not slow v6 getting beat by civics..

Nacho

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
i never understood why there is a v6 mustang...mustang=v8 muscle and torque to me...not slow v6 getting beat by civics..

one word
SALES

not everyone want a v8 in their car. I agree with you, but selling is the reason why they put a v6 in the stang. :lame:

S

scarface

yeah, my mother in law drives a 04 V6...they are made for people like her :)

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea..but it sucks for us v8 mustang owners...I know i here things like "everyones got a mustang"..well 90 percent of them are v6 ones...which is hardly a mustang..

S

scarface

Only people that I hear say that drive Hondas...like isnt alot of those running around..lol

Nacho

Reaction score
There are a TON of stangs out proving that the mustang is king of the streets (in sales). And because there are a lot of stangs out there, it makes it much more enjoyeable to make your car different and stand out (in a good way).

04DarkShadowGT

Reaction score
Judging from the rave reviews, great sales (especially higher profit V8 models) I am pretty sore Ford is very happy with the car.

Personally the 05 is better in every way to the previous models as far as quality, fit and finish, ride, comfort and ergonomics. I think they look great and would definatly buy one but they prices are still too high for my wallet seeing as how Im not taking a loan for a second car.

justinschmidt1 said:

Then judging by that they shoudnt have build 96-98 GTs either, because they are slow stock too and I drive one.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I like the S197s with some appearance modifications and generally like the rest of the car. They are definately appealing to those who grew up around muscle mustangs, couldn't or didn't buy one in their youth, and are going to make up for it now by getting a new one. Not a bad idea, but it isn't a car geared toward a person like me.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:

Then judging by that they shoudnt have build 96-98 GTs either, because they are slow stock too and I drive one.
[/quote]

haha..yea your right..well theyre not that slow..and they havea lot of potential.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
justinschmidt1 said:

haha..yea your right..well theyre not that slow..and they havea lot of potential.
[/quote]

I don't have a problem with v6 mustangs, just most owners don't take care of them like they should. But they are one of the slowest cars I've ever driven unfortunately. :(

S

scarface

well I have the 3.8 in my windstar, and I can take most civics in my area...lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online