Wasn't someone renting their fender roller?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ttocs, Jan 13, 2014.

1. ttocs

ttocs Legend

After I get the chin spoiler smoothed in I want to move on to my fenders and do some work on them, including rolling the lips. I thought there was someone here that would ship you his eastwood roller tool for a fee to use and then ship back? Anyone near southern Indiana have one I could rent/use?

2. 95opal

95opal Well-Known Member

I think 97stanger was renting his not sure if he still has it or rents it.. he's also in NJ if Im not mistaken.

3. DropTopPony

DropTopPony Administrator Staff Member SN95 Supporter

Yeah Mike [MENTION=8229]97stanger[/MENTION] has one that I need to borrow myself :)

4. Ferocious

Ferocious Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

I don't think he ships it out for free, but I'm sure he'll give you a good deal.

I think Mike charges a fee + the price of the tool as a down payment that he will reimburse once he gets it back.

5. mcglsr2

mcglsr2 Well-Known Member SN95 Supporter

I have an Eastwood fender roller I will rent out. I'm in Orlando, FL. PM me if you are interested.

Edit: I also have the Eastwood heat gun with attachments to heat your fender as you pull.

6. 97stanger

97stanger Legend

Sorry guys, I ended up selling that tool about a year ago. I would have hooked you up for sure. I personally rented it out a few times, and tried it on my own ride but just couldn't quite get the results I wanted so I sold it.

7. ttocs

ttocs Legend

Willin too ship to southern Indiana?

8. mcglsr2

Sure thing, as long as you are willing to cover shipping. I'm not even sure what that would be, I'd have to price it out on UPS. Let me do that and get back to you with the cost for shipping. What's your zip?

9. ttocs

ttocs Legend

Is there a greyhound terminal near you and have you ever used it to ship before?

10. mcglsr2

Yes there is one near, no I haven't shipped with them before, but I'm more than happy to. I'm doing some research on shipping greyhound as I type this.

11. ttocs

ttocs Legend

Its Just as easy as the post office but much cheaper. Only difference is they want your phone # and mine. When it gets here they stick it in back and call me to pick it up. I also think its a little more gentle then standard shipping as it doesn't go through the automated conveyor systems that do so much damage. Not to say that in packing/unpacking it can't get hurt but from what I have seen the boxes show up pretty well untouched.