Water leak in my 96

Pallgor

Reaction score
I’ve narrowed it down to be coming from the cowl and leaking into my driver’s floor. Is this a common problem? I still want to do a light test but I’m wondering if Anyone else has this problem

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
does it smell like coolant? if so its your heater core which is a common problem and a fairly good pain in the ass to replace since the dash has to come out.

OP
OP
P

Pallgor

Reaction score
does it smell like coolant? if so its your heater core which is a common problem and a fairly good pain in the ass to replace since the dash has to come out.
No only if it rains or when I wash it

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The only holes I can think of on the pass side are in the firewall for the heat/ac up high and then the place the water drains from the ac at the floor. Check the seal around the top section and make sure it doesn't look rotted.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
get a hose and start low on the firewall around the ac drain then work your way up to the ac lines and see if it starts to get wet inside. Then work your way up to the cowl and then the windshield.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ah crap you did say that first. I am so use to the pass side being the wet side. Do the same test with the hose on the drivers side.

Makoto

Reaction score
those are all your holes. remove the cowl and check with a hose first.

1643768816255.png

OP
OP
P

Pallgor

Reaction score
Ty. But it leaked before and d still does after I replaced the windshield and me and the glass guy double checked.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the only other place I could think of is there are some holes that the a-pilars go down down into. I am sure that they were either designed to keep rain out or to channel it down/out a certain way but that seal might be bad and the drain might be clogged. Try getting the roof area above the windshield/window wet and see if it makes its way down.

OP
OP
P

Pallgor

Reaction score
I’ve narrowed it down to be coming from the cowl and leaking into my driver’s floor. Is this a common problem? I still want to do a light test but I’m wondering if Anyone else has this problem

OP
OP
P

Pallgor

Reaction score
I believe I found and fixed my leak. It’s the hood release cable coming through the fire wall. Grommet leaks so I sealed it up. Will see how it is when I wash the car. I’ll keep posted

OpalFrostGT

Reaction score
Thats good news. I enjoy reading about challenges being overcome with thinking, support from others and personal effort. Thanks, Pallgor, for posting the solution!

07GtS197

Reaction score
I had that exact same problem with my old 02 gt. I had to rip the padding out too since it started getting moldy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online