Wax is all streaked up?

drifts14x

Reaction score
Hey, so I clayed my girl's 04 SLK320 yesterday, polished it, then when I went to put the wax on (Black Magic Liquid Wax), the paint felt better than ever, but then the wax started to streak up when I tried to take it off!!! Can I just re-wax it with cleaner wax and fix it, or am I going to have to do something drastic?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
hahaha :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:...wow I cant believe someone else had the same problem as I did?...let me guess her car is black too?.... well even if it isnt...its that damn black magic wax...its actuallt good wax just takes way too much effort to get off...I wouldnt reccomend using it without a buffer...or on a light colored car...I used it on my girls black car and the same thing happened ....I would just reccomend buying some other wax...you could try to remove the wax with dish soap...I think thats what people use to remove wax..good luck

ALITL8

Reaction score
the wax you have should work fine for removing the streaks. just do smaller sections and remove immediately with microfiber towels (at least 2), 1 for removing the heavy and 1 for buffing.

i havent used this wax but have dealt with some others that were hard to work with. take your time, do small sections and try to work in the shade.

good luck!

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
I used black magic turtle wax specifically for black cars, dumbass me started out with just wax on a dry rag, it's like permanently horrible looking on my front bumper, I'm gonna try a buffer on it sometime this week but it looks really streaky and bad

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.