Way Too Low...

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Just finished up installing brand new eibach sporline springs on the rear of my vert yesterday. I took out the isos from top and left the small worn out bottom ones. Once i got the car on the ground the passenger side drop was what i was anticipating, but driver side not soo much... Passenger has about 1.5 fingers gap with my small ass fingers and driver side has barley 1 finger that can fit in the gap. Now the driver side is the same side which the wheel sits a tad bit in the fender unlike the passenger side which is flush... So whats the deal here? The springs are in the perches and pig tails for both are facing downwards. Im anticipating them to settle more and if that happens to the driver side id be tucking tire lol. BTW DRIVER SIDE HAS 1" LESS GAP THEN PASSENGER SIDE!!

Some pics: (top is down btw more weight at back)

Right after spring install:

Passenger side as it should be with the drop:

Slammed driver side lol:

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Are they both clocked the same way in the perch

Royal96

Reaction score
Plus if one was clocked differently than the other, itd be the higher one, not the lower one, and he was expecting the higher stance.
Which, I almost think the lower one is more what you would expect. I have a eibach pro kit springs in mine and the back is about that high, with both isos, and I think the sportlines are supposed to give a bigger drop?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have seen more then one car before where a large person had owned the vehicle and everything on the drivers side was worn out from the seat to the springs. Also was this after you drove the car or just after you took the jack off? When they manf cars the first thing they do after they get 4 wheels on the ground is drive over some bumps to get the suspension to load properly you might need to take it for a spin to get the car to settle completely.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I bet it's in the clocking of the springs. If not, just put an iso on the drivers side and you'll be good to go.

OP
OP

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
I have seen more then one car before where a large person had owned the vehicle and everything on the drivers side was worn out from the seat to the springs. Also was this after you drove the car or just after you took the jack off? When they manf cars the first thing they do after they get 4 wheels on the ground is drive over some bumps to get the suspension to load properly you might need to take it for a spin to get the car to settle completely.

the bottom 2 pics were after about 50miles of driving around.

OP
OP

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
I bet it's in the clocking of the springs. If not, just put an iso on the drivers side and you'll be good to go.

could it be an upper control arm bushing, as the driver side rear end sits almost 0.75" inside the fender where as the passenger side is flush?

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Pretty sure the pigtails are supposed to face the drivers side of the car. It would make sense if they both were facing the drivers side since that would fit the angle of the lower control arm better that way. Im running sportlines and I have mine facing the drivers side

lutter94

Reaction score
LMR has it listed as pointing them to the rear, but other places said drivers side. I believe I did drivers side on the install. Been too long.....

HuskerGT

Reaction score
I've always heard toward drivers side and have done that on my Mustang and our other car. I would be surprised if clocking one way or the other, identically, would have that much of a discrepancy.
It wouldn't hurt: clock them so the pigtails are pointing toward the driver, drop it and see how it goes.

OP
OP

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
I can try that but could which way the pig tails facing really make an inch difference?! Also on the eibach sheet the springs came with it showed facing the passenger side and said would only be a difference of a few mm.

OP
OP

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Anyone? Im stumped, been a few more days and the driver side rear is at about .9" gap and passenger side at about 1.9" wheel gap still.

Royal96

Reaction score
One iso isn't significantly more worn than the other is it?
And, dumb question Im sure, but you dont have LCA's with an adjustable spring perch do you?

OP
OP

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
One iso isn't significantly more worn than the other is it?
And, dumb question Im sure, but you dont have LCA's with an adjustable spring perch do you?

Im not running isos at back only the bottom ones on lower control arms. And no all control arms are stock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online