Way too many choices!!!!

Factory Freak

Reaction score
For the Borla mufflers that I want to swap in for my flows. I simply just don't like the drone. On Borla's site they have like 6 different models or more to choose from. I was thinking of stepping up to something louder than a flow but without the drone. I was hoping i could achieve that with a Borla muffler. I was thinking in order to make it louder than a flow I would have to look at one of the XR-1 racing models available. From the XR-1 models, there are

XR-1 Sportsman Racing Mufflers

XR-1 Multi-core Racing mufflers

THEN, they have universal mufflers to choose from. I'm guessing they aren't as loud as the xr-1 racing exhuast.

Universal S-type mufflers

Universal Turbo mufflers

Universal Turbo XL mufflers

Do any of you know or think that any of these models will be able to give me a sound that is louder than my flowmasters, but without that intense drone? Thanks a bunch!!

97blackgt

Reaction score
i dont think borla is going to be lourder than flows...however it will proably be a sweeter sound. Tell me the results however cause i was thinking about trading out my flows for borla too O0

OP
OP
F

Factory Freak

Reaction score
DFG_Ownz said:
loud = straight thru mufflers....SLP, magnapack, borla stingers, etc.

ya thats why i was thinking one of those racing mufflers on their site were straight through an would be pretty loud. I'm just not sure which one i want because I have never heard any of them before!

Maniak87

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
Does anyone here haave Borlas? :dunno:

i've got borlas. not sure on what version because i bought the car used with them already on it. i definately think they are louder than flowmaster. i personally dont like the way flowmaster sounds on ford motors.

i dont have an exhaust vid, may have one in a month or so.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I love the Flows raspy sound, especially when I Rev it, def doesnt sound like a LS motor

97blackgt

Reaction score
Maniak87 said:
97blackgt said:
Does anyone here haave Borlas? :dunno:

i've got borlas. not sure on what version because i bought the car used with them already on it. i definately think they are louder than flowmaster. i personally dont like the way flowmaster sounds on ford motors.

i dont have an exhaust vid, may have one in a month or so.
I dont like the way flows sound either..are the borlas a nice clean sound without all the raspyness?

OP
OP
F

Factory Freak

Reaction score
hmm, I have a catless X pipe and my flowmasters don't have rasp like my LS1 engine did.. it just drones like a motherfker and it kills my ears when i'm cruising. I love loud cars, but it def needs to be without that drone. I need to find some sound clips soon as I should be purchasing two new mufflers pretty darn soon!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
an X does have a more raspy sound.

H is a deeper sound, but can Drone - which mine did.

Maniak87

Reaction score
[/quote]
I dont like the way flows sound either..are the borlas a nice clean sound without all the raspyness?
[/quote]

nope there isnt much rasp and i have an off road x-pipe. it will sound different though because you have the 4.6 DOHC

Saleen1975

Reaction score
I have a Borla cat back and BBK X-pipe with cats just put it on last month love the sound...I had flowmasters and stock h-pipe before that and to tell ya the truth the Borla's are almost as loud and now i have a slight whisle like a supercharger which is a bonus for me....just my .02

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Put the flows on the X Pipe and they will be louder!

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
You can go with 1 chamber flows (which make it sound like a camaro) or you can get SLP LM whatever (which also make it sound like a camaro) or you can go with the XR-1 Borla mufflers (which for sure you'll be happy with)

O0

OP
OP
F

Factory Freak

Reaction score
yes I want to go with xr1-1 mufflers, but which of the three has the best sound quality? The Sportmans, the Multi-cores, or the bullets? haha that question is all I need answered and I'm good to go!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online