Weak headlight & no fog lights

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If they can't get it worked out I would check out the pairs bmad has for sale on here now and he could do the conversion as well. It is one of those things that you will hate to write the check for, but every day after that when you turn them on they will make you smile. Needless to say lighting is importang.

badass98svt

Reaction score
My retro HID headlights took me about 3 hours total.
Was super easy. I've done a few sets

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to you both. And, I will keep that in mind, ttocS… cheers!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Drumroll, please……!
9:00am tomorrow is the big day. I know you’ve all become skeptical of the shop I go to given the iterations we’ve gone through to get this done. But, and take my word on this, their diligence, knowledge and professionalism is unmatched. We were “close” last time but the owner has the integrity and responsibility to NOT do a hack job. Instead of cutting the hell out of the radiator core support, he ate the time/labor cost because he KNOWS how I feel about the integrity of the car. He also would not do the same to his cars so he’s uncompromising in his quality of work.
He literally has spent hours, free of charge, researching solutions to the point where it’s become a bit of an obsession because he simply refuses to be defeated. I like that in a shop!

So, without further adieu, I anxiously await a successful conclusion and will do my best to ask specifics how they did it, what they did, what they used, etc so I may impart that info/knowledge to those of you who are interested AND change the mind of all the nay-sayers! ROFLMFAO!

Cheers!

P.S.- my price has not changed since original estimate.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
trimming the core support? The piece I was talking about that has to be trimmed is a little plastic piece in the header panel that the lights attach to. Unless he is making space for the led heat sinks or something I am not sure why he would be trimming the core support.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, maybe I’m inaccurate on the specifics(?), but I’ll clear it all up tomorrow!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So...nearly 4 months and still nothing?
Patience, my friend. Patience! I’m in no hurry whatsoever. And, why should I be? I still have lights, right?!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely worth the wait! The headlight housing lenses have a bit of tint to them, which ties in to smoked taillights. I love the look of the new headlight housings too!
The shop only had to radius a small area behind because they were able to source a smaller but equally as powerful bulb. I appreciate them minimizing the invasiveness of that aspect of the upgrade. They also added quick-connects. Pictures of the radius, quick-connects and a sequence of pictures taken at dusk below:

Attachments

• IMG_1158.jpeg
    IMG_1158.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1157.jpeg
    IMG_1157.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1159.jpeg
    IMG_1159.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1160.jpeg
    IMG_1160.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1164.jpeg
    IMG_1164.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1166.jpeg
    IMG_1166.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1165.jpeg
    IMG_1165.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1167.jpeg
    IMG_1167.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1168.jpeg
    IMG_1168.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1154.jpeg
    IMG_1154.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 8

badass98svt

Reaction score
We are still waiting to hear what the issue was? Bad/corroded wiring?
All that time cant be just to swap in new lights.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I will take some nighttime pictures tonight including pics from behind the wheel. The shop also wants feedback as to brightness, aim, etc. They wouldn’t even take my money until I confirm with them that I’m satisfied 100%.

I know many of you have questioned this shop but you have to trust me on this: they are a diamond in the rough. We’ve ALL had good/bad experiences at various shops throughout our car culture history both past and present. And I am certainly no exception to that. So, when I find an exceptional one like this, I stay with it regardless of hurdles that come our way.

I also want to thank ALL OF YOU here on The Forum who have followed this Chapter and provided all kinds of feedback and input, good or bad, I appreciate it all. Cheers!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
We are still waiting to hear what the issue was? Bad/corroded wiring?
All that time cant be just to swap in new lights.
There were some wiring matters that needed tending to initially. I can get more specifics Tuesday when they’re open again because I don’t speak “electrical” AT ALL!

The majority of the rest of the time was going through a number of iterations/combinations of bulbs, housings and fitment issues that maximized light & aesthetics but minimized fitment issues. Again, I will contact Mark (the installer) on Tuesday and get his explanation.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Is there a chance that there really wasn't anything wrong with the lights so much as our idea of good lighting has changed from 94 to now?

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a chance that there really wasn't anything wrong with the lights so much as our idea of good lighting has changed from 94 to now?
There’s some merit to that, yes. But I think the majority here would agree the OE lights are weak, at best. And what the hell, most of us “upgrade” everything else, so why not throw modern, upgraded lights onto that list?!! After all, it’s just another chapter in the ongoing, seemingly never ending addiction/sickness we fall into!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
please don't misunderstand my question as anything more than just curious. Lights and the standards around them have changed a lot especially in cars. Hell I did my lights years ago.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
please don't misunderstand my question as anything more than just curious. Lights and the standards around them have changed a lot especially in cars. Hell I did my lights years ago.
No misunderstanding. It’s all good ++

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Slice of Humble Pie. Table 6, please…. :-(

Attachments

• IMG_1173.jpeg
    IMG_1173.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 10