Weak headlight & no fog lights

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
damn that has to be disappointing after all that time that they put in. It sucks but the reproduction lights just have shitty lenses. You could possibly swap them out for something better but it is still going to cost more money on top of what has already been spent no matter what you do.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Slice of Humble Pie. Table 6, please…. :-(

No surprises here.

Custom built retrofit lights are going to just about be your only option for that light output you are wanting and expecting.

Another plug for Madd Retros

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No surprises here.

Custom built retrofit lights are going to just about be your only option for that light output you are wanting and expecting.

Another plug for Madd Retros

Fantastic, duh09! I checked it out then forwarded the link to the shop.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
damn that has to be disappointing after all that time that they put in. It sucks but the reproduction lights just have shitty lenses. You could possibly swap them out for something better but it is still going to cost more money on top of what has already been spent no matter what you do.
ttocS,
Yes, definitely, but we’re not giving up YET! Shop had to go to a shorter but equally powerful bulb for the aforementioned fitment issues. But now has found a cover for the bulbs that originally came with the housings that will make them work.(I didn't really understand when he told me how that was supposed to help, but….)
And since the housings are already in there, I figure “it doesn’t cost anything to try”, so we’ll see how THAT goes.

However, after looking at the maddretros.com website, I asked, no told, the shop to check them out, especially the Morimoto products, and let’s keep them as a very viable option.

Keep ya updated as this next iteration unfolds! In the meantime, thanks (everyone) for hanging in there with me through this Mad Hatter of a wild ride in the ongoing saga of Mustang lighting!!!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Morimoto?? How do you click on a link of specific retrofit headlights and then find yourself looking at Morimoto stuff????

Man, I don't know why this has been dragged out for this long or why you continue to put custom lighting in the hands of a group of oil techs - but I'm not sure if you don't grasp what we've been saying, or if you just don't want to accept that your shop is out of their league.

Madd Retro builds retrofit headlights.

Headlights that have been taken apart, retrofitted OEM projectors - the part of new headlights that makes them so much better than older headlights - in your choice of LED or HID flavors. They come built to your door, you remove whatever shenanigans that shop did to install those cheesey eBay headlights (sure, they might not have come from eBay, but they are the same China lights sold on eBay), and you install the retrofits and plug them up. You might have to do some aiming. Otherwise, it's pretty much plug and play newer upgraded headlights.

I'd absolutely hate to know what you're being charged for those $100 eBay headlights to be installed by a shop, but I'll bet you could order those custom built headlights and install them yourself for less.

badass98svt

Reaction score
So wait....3 months into all this, they give your car back finally, but never even tested/adjusted your lights.
Man, you're right...that's a great dependable shop. (Sarcasm inserted)

Dude, find a new shop or just install some retro fit headlights yourself. Mine literally took almost no time at all to throw together, and they look OEM.
20201120_113808.jpg

I have no idea why you would yet again, give that shop any more time/money/chances.

What a joke.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I have trust in them, what can I say!
I am looking further into maddretros and doing the installation myself. (no sarcasm inserted) LOL

CHEERS!

07GtS197

Reaction score
I’d ask for my money back for whatever stupidity they did. I’m still wondering what kind of wiring upgrades and smaller bulbs they installed. A housing is built for a specific bulb, switching to another bulb will throw off the optics.

Get your money back and run far, far away from that place.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Morimoto?? How do you click on a link of specific retrofit headlights and then find yourself looking at Morimoto stuff????

Man, I don't know why this has been dragged out for this long or why you continue to put custom lighting in the hands of a group of oil techs - but I'm not sure if you don't grasp what we've been saying, or if you just don't want to accept that your shop is out of their league.

Madd Retro builds retrofit headlights.

Headlights that have been taken apart, retrofitted OEM projectors - the part of new headlights that makes them so much better than older headlights - in your choice of LED or HID flavors. They come built to your door, you remove whatever shenanigans that shop did to install those cheesey eBay headlights (sure, they might not have come from eBay, but they are the same China lights sold on eBay), and you install the retrofits and plug them up. You might have to do some aiming. Otherwise, it's pretty much plug and play newer upgraded headlights.

I'd absolutely hate to know what you're being charged for those $100 eBay headlights to be installed by a shop, but I'll bet you could order those custom built headlights and install them yourself for less.
IMG_0914.png
“This” Morimoto, sir! ROFLMFAO

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
those lenses are not cheap to develop or to manf and unfortunately there is a difference. I tried off the shelf projectors years ago and never was happy with them as well. I can see where they thought that with the 4 lights it would be brighter, but only if it is done correctly. Unfortunately they/you will probably always be hoping to figure something out to fix those.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’d ask for my money back for whatever stupidity they did. I’m still wondering what kind of wiring upgrades and smaller bulbs they installed. A housing is built for a specific bulb, switching to another bulb will throw off the optics.

Get your money back and run far, far away from that place.
SHORTER (in the back) bulbs, I should have specified. Same bulb size, same everything. Just one that doesn’t stick out the back so far.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
those lenses are not cheap to develop or to manf and unfortunately there is a difference. I tried off the shelf projectors years ago and never was happy with them as well. I can see where they thought that with the 4 lights it would be brighter, but only if it is done correctly. Unfortunately they/you will probably always be hoping to figure something out to fix those.
Thank you, Scott, for the input. ++
Maybe some others following this thread will see the value of APPLICABLE information versus ranting and bashing.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
“…custom lighting in the hands of a group of oil techs - but I'm not sure if you don't grasp what we've been saying, or if you just don't want to accept that your shop is out of their league.”

I don’t know where you got “oil techs” ? They are not grease monkeys.

And I absolutely DO grasp what you and everyone else is saying and I value a good deal of the feedback.
And FWIW, this shop is NOT out of their league, but thanks for passing judgement on something you know absolutely nothing about. Speaks volumes about you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online