Weekend Interior Project

REStang

Reaction score
I spent the weekend dying my door panels to match the factory dash and console which is black and beige.

Beforedoorpanel.jpg

Afterdriverdoorpanel.jpg

Dash.jpg

Passengerdoorpanel.jpg

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

It's a good job, well done :thumb: !

It's an inexpensive way to ameliorate the interior of your Mustang.

Francis

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
What kind of dye did you use and how did you do it? Did it match the same?

OP
OP
R

REStang

Reaction score
I used the flat black Duplicolor brand Vinyl/Upholstery dye in a spray can. I took the panels off of the doors. I used some degreaser and cleaned them good. Next since I only wanted the top half black, I taped off and covered the bottom then I sprayed them. No need for sanding or priming. Just clean and spray. It came out perfect as if it was that way from the factory. The black is exactly the same as the factory black.

Stang IXI

Reaction score
looks real good...i was thinking about doing the same thing to my car

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
INterior- :thumb:
total gym- :thumb:
Chuck Fucking Norris- :thumb:

Justin_Bradley

Reaction score
REStang said:
I used the flat black Duplicolor brand Vinyl/Upholstery dye in a spray can. I took the panels off of the doors. I used some degreaser and cleaned them good. Next since I only wanted the top half black, I taped off and covered the bottom then I sprayed them. No need for sanding or priming. Just clean and spray. It came out perfect as if it was that way from the factory. The black is exactly the same as the factory black.

So was the color a Mustang or Ford specific interior color?

97vertstang

Reaction score
im a try that i been wanting to change my interior somehow, these cars came with too much tan,except tha 94-95 the door panels are half black, and ever since i saw that i been wanting to do that to my car.

Ram000

Reaction score
that's the exact same dye/paint i used and it did come out great! i painted everything, though, entirely black--that plus the 01-04 center console and some black vinyl seats and i'm loving the new interior. alls i need is the black carpet from 50resto and a black rear seat delete and i'll be set. no pics, sorry.

nice job!

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Looks great man. But for me...thats still too much tan. I have black carpet, floor mats, steering wheel, and pedals in my basement. Seats and door panels are on the way.....no more tan for me! ;D

OP
OP
R

REStang

Reaction score
The dye is a general flat black it's not vehicle specific. I don't want to go all black because I want the interior to be two toned. I plan on having my two front seats re-upholstered but I can't decide if I want to do all black seats or black with a beige insert in the middle. I do plan to get black floor mats. I'm also doing a rear seat delete which will be black.

If anyone plans to dye their interior, I suggest this stuff (Duplicolor Vinyl/Upholstery dye) because it comes out looking like a factory job. Do not buy the shiny kind get the flat kind. I have seen some guys interiors and they used what looks like regular paint and it looks horrible and it peels. They have other have several colors to choose from.

Justin_Bradley

Reaction score
REStang said:
The dye is a general flat black it's not vehicle specific. I don't want to go all black because I want the interior to be two toned. I plan on having my two front seats re-upholstered but I can't decide if I want to do all black seats or black with a beige insert in the middle. I do plan to get black floor mats. I'm also doing a rear seat delete which will be black.

If anyone plans to dye their interior, I suggest this stuff (Duplicolor Vinyl/Upholstery dye) because it comes out looking like a factory job. Do not buy the shiny kind get the flat kind. I have seen some guys interiors and they used what looks like regular paint and it looks horrible and it peels. They have other have several colors to choose from.

Where'd you get the dye? I'd love to have the red/black interior of my old whip but it is so hard to find the actual panels that this sounds like a quick and cheaper alternative to have the same thing.

Ender

Reaction score
Looks great, I've been tossing around the idea of doing mine in two tone black/grey.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice job man , that looks great.

much better than the sahara desert look it had before.

Ram000

Reaction score
Justin_Bradley said:
Where'd you get the dye? I'd love to have the red/black interior of my old whip but it is so hard to find the actual panels that this sounds like a quick and cheaper alternative to have the same thing.

Advance

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online