weight ?

Suspect

Reaction score
how much does a 302 weigh? with and without the heads.

might be picking one up and i wanna know if i can put it in the back of my explorer. actually not mine, but my girls. she might flip if she sees it sagging.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
:dunno: i guess i should borrow someones pickup.

Downshift

Reaction score
Haha I couldnt tell you man. Im pretty sure the heads are around 50 or 60 each. So thats like 100-130 lbs just for the heads. The block with the crank and pistons I would guess around 180??? Not sure. Thought I would just make a guess at least. Getting it in and out of an explorer wouldnt be fun. Probably better off borrowing a truck but that can be easier said than done.

ryclef331

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Haha I couldnt tell you man. Im pretty sure the heads are around 50 or 60 each. So thats like 100-130 lbs just for the heads. The block with the crank and pistons I would guess around 180??? Not sure. Thought I would just make a guess at least. Getting it in and out of an explorer wouldnt be fun. Probably better off borrowing a truck but that can be easier said than done.

it'll work. 2 people should be able to wrestle it in there.

94yellowgt

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
5.0wned said:

it'll work. 2 people should be able to wrestle it in there.

It took 4 people to load my dads HEMI when he sold it. It was just the short block, it had the heads and itake off the motor. I think we all 4 dropped atleast 1 nut on the ground, it was really heavy. I know a 426 Hemi and 302 are 2 totally differrent animals, I just thought I would throw it out there though.

You and a buddy should be able to do it, I have helped a friend move a 350 like that before and it wasn't too bad.

ryclef331

Reaction score
I can put my forearms through two of the bores of the black and lift it myself....a crank, rods, and pistons don't weigh more than one MAN can carry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online