Weird device connected to battery? Can anyone identify

OP
OP
BitchinCorolla

BitchinCorolla

Reaction score
well lets throw caution to the wind and see if it starts after 2 days.

as for getting the radio working, are you still using the stock speakers as well as the amps(more than likely but I have to ask). The stock speakers will not work with out the stock amps, so your choice is to either source another stock(and hopefully working) amp or replace the speakers and bypass the amp
It’s still got stock everything except exhaust recently. I guess I could try to find a mustang being parted out, but if the amps wear out due to age and not mileage it might be kinda hard to find an amp that will last a while. Maybe on a last year new edge…

The battery seems to stop draining once it reaches 11.6 amps. And it started at that number. I’ll let it sit next weekend but I’ll probably be driving it every day during the week. If at any point the car doesn’t start I’m just gonna buy a new battery, but I’d like to save a little money and not buy one if the car can survive without a new one.

Also: thanks a lot for all the help you’ve given me. I appreciate it a lot.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what you really should do is disconnect it next time right after you turn it off and check the voltage, and leave it disconnected Leave it sit for a day or two and test the voltage again and see if it has dropped.

Or take it in to get tested.

OP
OP
BitchinCorolla

BitchinCorolla

Reaction score
As far as I can tell the battery is good. its been starting fine, even after a few days of sitting.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
welp then it was probably the amp. Now you just need to decide about aftermarket speakers or a stock amp. Honestly the stock speakers probably have the speakers dry rotted and are in need of replacement anyway and that is the way I would go if it were me.

OP
OP
BitchinCorolla

BitchinCorolla

Reaction score
welp then it was probably the amp. Now you just need to decide about aftermarket speakers or a stock amp. Honestly the stock speakers probably have the speakers dry rotted and are in need of replacement anyway and that is the way I would go if it were me.
Yeah I’ve already gotten aftermarket wheels and exhaust so i may as well get an aftermarket sound system as well. I’ll do it at some point…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online