Weird electrical things?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Ever since I installed my new overlays on my factory gauges, there's been some issues I've noticed. It was fine until I pulled the cluster one last time to fix the sticking rpm needle. Than the air bag light flashed on and off, and I have 4 beeps, 3 or 4 times upon start up than it goes away.. I noticed that now when the headlight knob is pulled all the way, dimming the gauges also dims the tail lights? The fawk happened?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The beeping means you have a warning light out. The light dimmer sounds like you need to check the wiring to the head light switch. If it looks good replace the switch.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
The beeping means you have a warning light out. The light dimmer sounds like you need to check the wiring to the head light switch. If it looks good replace the switch.

Yeah its the airbag light. Eventually ill replace it, but it only beeps on start up so its not that annoying now. I'll check the headlight switch when I have a day off, I think the headlight switch is bad. Sometimes I can't make the gauges brighter or dimmer, than other times i can, really odd. And I can put my foglights on when no other lights are on? Gotta be something with that switch, because I switched the wires to be able to have the parklight/foglight thing last year, so thats not the issue.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Doing some research.. Apparently these issues are common on 94-95s.. Looks like I'll be putting a new headlight switch and harness in soon. ****ing stone age cars lol

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I have a switch from my parts car and could cut the hrns out if you need it as well.

I'll let you know. Its just so weird all of this at once. As long as everything works for now as needed ie, lights at night.. Should I put a new bulb in for the airbag light? Airbag doesn't show up at all now, even with the key turned to accessory.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Sigh.. Small issues like this make the thought of damn my car is just about 20 years old pop into my head. Oh well haha

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah the headlight switch is shot.. Noticed that the knob is pushed all the way in, and my park lights are still on which would explain why I can throw the fogs on at the same time..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it could be a burned wire going to it, its known to happen. Pull it out an inspect the wiring first....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online