Weird Idle Surging

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by Carnage281, May 7, 2015.

1. Carnage281

Carnage281 Active Member

So I just got my longtubes installed and loaded up my 93 octane tune on my x4. It had been idle surging a little after I loaded my tune, but I thought it might have been the vac leak I had on my pcv hose. So I got that fixed and it stopped for a few days and now it's back. It's a little odd tho, every time I start it the rpms surge from 1,000 to 500 every few seconds then drop to 300 and occasionally stall the car out. However, when I rev the car a few times or drive around a bit it will idle fine until the next time I start it. So what do you guys think it is? I have read a few threads on other forums that have addressed surging but I haven't seen one that stops after being driven or revved. Could this be related to my tune?

2. lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Who did your long tube install? Did you make sure there are no exhaust leaks at the gaskets? I know an upstream exhaust leak will act like a vacuum leak and cause all sorts of weird things to happen. Then, have you tried loading a different tune in it to see if it made a difference.