Weird spark plug problem

racerbrad1

Reaction score
My 96 stang is loading up 6 plugs the thing that gets me is the #1 and #6 plug look like new,the car runs terrible no power,missing,etc.
Ive replaced the wires,coils,plugs,injector seals,f.p.r. also with the car running with a screwdriver to my ear i can hear the injectors tapping=is it possible those two injectors are clogged=any suggestions?
5.0 stroker
comp cams
pi heads
60lb. injectors
d1sc

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
What kind of plugs are you using? I had to switch to NGK ridiums because three sets of plugs(autolite,(2)ford)would not fire under boost. To check the injector plug the clip off (while running)and see if anything changes.

OP
OP
R

racerbrad1

Reaction score
I'm running autolite 764's i was running ngk's and it was doing the same thing.I tried you're suggestion and pulled the plugs to #1 and #6 fuel injectors and the idle didn't change at all.
With the car running and the injectors plugged in i can hear them clicking with a screwdriver.
I'm guessing either there clogged or getting a bad signal possibly from a bad crank or cam sensor?
Where should i go from here?
I appreciate all suggestions and advice.

OP
OP
R

racerbrad1

Reaction score
I borrowed a igniton tester that goes between the wire and plug and those 2 cylinders are getting no spark,ive triple checked the firing order replaced the wires,coils.
Any ideas on what could cause this bad computer,msd?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online