Weird Squeak When Turning Wheel

NewEdgeGT2002

Reaction score
Weird issue... So only when its humid after iv been driving for a while and park the car and come back back after a short break when I turn the wheel it makes a squeaking noise. Not a belt its clearly in the suspension and im thinking strut mounts but curious if anyone ever came across this before.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
If it squeaks sitting still, it could be strut mounts or ball joints. Most of the time it’ll be ball joints making the noise.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Also consider the steering rack bolt sleeves or whatever they’re called. My 02 had that issue.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
my first guess would bet the ball joint but we also have no idea what your suspension set up is.

OP
OP
NewEdgeGT2002

NewEdgeGT2002

Reaction score
my first guess would bet the ball joint but we also have no idea what your suspension set up is.

bone stock... its just super weird and nearly impossible to trouble shoot. Because you literally have to drive it for about 40 mins on a humid day, park it for 20 mins then come back. so weird and no play in anything.

Gregomatic

Reaction score
Mine turned out to be a tie rod end bushing.

Get underneath and start by lubing the most suspect part.
I would say just grab some blaster and hit everything that moves, but then when the squeak went away, you still wouldn't know from whence it came.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online