Welcome home

pgfdv6

Reaction score
Well after just being bored searching the internet at work I can across this thing
3c74a033d10f42e3cb05371c949e2bdb.jpg

Brought it home and parked just as the odometer rolled over to 158k Even
Have yet to go threw it completely but the owner never even mentioned he had any mods
So far just from looking it over
BBK throttle body
Knn CAI
Zex nitrous kit
Sct tune
87 street
87 race
93 race
93 race with 100 shot

Along with some other things the down side is the guy I bought the car from didn’t know much about it he bought it in October and drove it about 9 times then had to sell it
The tuner left a Placher on the side of the dash so I’m going to try and get in contact with him.
Other that she’s good interior is 9/10 exterior also 9/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If I see the badging correctly that’s an anniversary edition isn’t it??

Great looking new toy. I’m not a nitrous guy but from that pic she looks sharp. What’s your plans??

OP
OP
pgfdv6

pgfdv6

Reaction score
If I see the badging correctly that’s an anniversary edition isn’t it??

Great looking new toy. I’m not a nitrous guy but from that pic she looks sharp. What’s your plans??

Yes 40th anniversary and not sure just yet I’m waiting to get some info on the car and start a plan from there.
I have never owned anything that’s not N/A so I must say I’m a little excited to learn about the nitrous system

OP
OP
pgfdv6

pgfdv6

Reaction score
Although I do miss the sound of my car being cammed so I know that’s on my list of things but for now get it to mcnews and let them see what’s going on and get it dynoed [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Nice car, looks like it's got some tasteful mods already. Anything happening with the black one?

OP
OP
pgfdv6

pgfdv6

Reaction score
Nice car, looks like it's got some tasteful mods already. Anything happening with the black one?

I think the timing is still off on the black one it fires up and and I can drive it but if I try to lay I to it all hell brakes loose and it falls on its face yet it’s not throwing any check engine lights.

As for the red car just got off the phone with original owner he bought the car brand new in 04
He has added the following that wasn’t on the list In the OP
Ford racing 373 gears
Tubular LCA
Set of under drive pulleys
Stage 2 clutch
Light weight fly wheel
MGM shifter with weighted ball
125 shot of nitrous
Off road H pipe to slp axel back exhaust

And has seen a best of 12.34 @ 116 mph on drag radials

I don’t think it’s too bad of a pick up for $4k

Got the car into shop not a drop of oil anywhere other then small spot at the oil pan
And no rust that I can see yet

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I think the timing is still off on the black one it fires up and and I can drive it but if I try to lay I to it all hell brakes loose and it falls on its face yet it’s not throwing any check engine lights.

As for the red car just got off the phone with original owner he bought the car brand new in 04
He has added the following that wasn’t on the list In the OP
Ford racing 373 gears
Tubular LCA
Set of under drive pulleys
Stage 2 clutch
Light weight fly wheel
MGM shifter with weighted ball
125 shot of nitrous
Off road H pipe to slp axel back exhaust

And has seen a best of 12.34 @ 116 mph on drag radials

I don’t think it’s too bad of a pick up for $4k

Got the car into shop not a drop of oil anywhere other then small spot at the oil pan
And no rust that I can see yet

That's a great decision then. $4k is a good price for that car; if you factor in the amount of upgrades it came with + the unknown amount of time and $ your black car would take to be reliable you might be looking at over $4k alone. At least you can keep parts from the old one or make some money back by selling them.

Keep us posted if you plan on doing more with the new ride, it should be a lot of fun as is!

OP
OP
pgfdv6

pgfdv6

Reaction score
Well it’s day three and the first problem has set in driver side wheel bearing is shot and passenger side Inner tie rod has a bit of play in it.
Not horrible yet any means but oddly enough the bearing doesn’t make a roaring noise like most do it had more of a metal tapping noise like lifters or something so it just scared the hell out of me lol

But I talk to the Tunning shop and they say about $500 to look it over and write over the existing tune to dial it in a little more how ever I spoke to the original owner and he says he never had a problem with the set up except for once and it was at the track while spraying says the car broke up at the top end like it was starving for fuel but that was with the nitrous bottle pressure pretty high from your hung it.
I think I’m just going to drive it around and play with the email tunes that are on it from what I have read email tunes are relatively safe and not generally set on kill mode so we will see

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Factory suspension parts are probably due to be replaced @158k. Mail order tunes with a bottle would be questionable. Definitely would explain the falling in the higher rpm’s.

Nitrous can be a motor killer if fuel and tune isn’t correct. I’d definitely have a proper tune written by a reputable tuner before turning the bottle on.

Just my ¢.02

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
With the problems you have had.....Do not use the NO2! There is a reason he sold the car after 8 runs, and falling off for fuel lean at high RPM is a warning that he was a cheap idiot. Mail order tunes on NO2....Really??... You going to bet your motor on a mail order tune? How do you know the system is set up right? When he cut the tubing? Did he even know how to do it right? Or is there a piece of junk in the solenoid? Did he change the fuel filter? Really or did he just say so? Your looking at a half melted piston or a ring land that is melted to the ring...Show me a NO2 car with 100k on it...unicorns are easier to find. Do a compression check or come over here and do it right. Do not guess, know! You got a top condition Mustang for half price, why?

OP
OP
pgfdv6

pgfdv6

Reaction score
With the problems you have had.....Do not use the NO2! There is a reason he sold the car after 8 runs, and falling off for fuel lean at high RPM is a warning that he was a cheap idiot. Mail order tunes on NO2....Really??... You going to bet your motor on a mail order tune? How do you know the system is set up right? When he cut the tubing? Did he even know how to do it right? Or is there a piece of junk in the solenoid? Did he change the fuel filter? Really or did he just say so? Your looking at a half melted piston or a ring land that is melted to the ring...Show me a NO2 car with 100k on it...unicorns are easier to find. Do a compression check or come over here and do it right. Do not guess, know! You got a top condition Mustang for half price, why?

Right I have thought about a lot of this threw and for now the bottle is empty and I plan to leave it empty until I find out what’s really going on.
The car only has 2 owners before me, original owner bought it new from a dealership here in md of the show room floor he was able to get me receipts via email for all the mods he did. He was the one that made passes at the drag strip in OCT. of 2017 the car was sold to the kid I bought if from who claims to have only driven the car a total of 10 times from 10/17-04/18
But will definitely be leaving the bottle alone until I get it to the tuner.
As for how things were set up I don’t know much about nitrous but I did down loan the install manual from zex and from what I can read and trace down in the car it looks to be installed right just don’t know what size jet is currently in there.
Like I said for now I’m thinking to just load each time in one at a time and drive it a few days to see how they react....all except for the tune labeled nitrous that is lol

Tom if your free I might stop by this weekend depending on what my work schedule is.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm free but.....You ain't my wife, and she a lot better looking than you!

true true but on the flip side of that coin he has never nagged you about stuff you have not done or made you do anything that you did not want to do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online