weld wheel shopping few questions

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
ok back to shopping for weld wheels i believe i want 3-1/2 fronts and want 8" rears but im not too sure.. i think 10" would give me issues with the fender and i dont need that...but what should i get for back spacing? 5" i have no idea help me out

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
oh well I cant really be any help to ya :( I ran Welds on my 91 as well as Convo Pros on it so im familiar with the fox cars but not the sn95's

I would think if you want the wheel to match up with the stockers and NOT stick out past the fender well you should NOT go over the backspaceing on the stock wheels. I would go 10's on the width too, you can run some 315's on that bad boy >:D

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i see i heard that the 10" are extremely close to the quad shock and if you turn hard can rub the lip soo i have no idea what to get...pro-stars for the win :dancing6:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Flip the quad. Thats how I had to fit my 315s.

Dont you need alittle more HP/TQ fo these first? lol :p

96stangRC

Reaction score
Most people use 15x8's with a 5.5 backspacing for sn95's, although some do use 15x10's with 6.5 backspacing. Not sure about the quad shocks rubbing if you flip them. if they do, ditch em and get a good set of upper/lower control arms. You probably already know, but your gonna either have to grind the bar down on your front brake calipers or use spacers on the front skinnies.

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
yep were going to use spacers...buddie already has them they were on his sn95 but put the stock wheels back on it and sold it and then sold the skinniesbut forgot to give them the spacers so now their mine :dancing6: ....so looks like i will go 5.5 back spacing on the 8" thanks a lot guys O0

S

scarface

Trav I had 9 inch with 5.5 on my 97. I ran 26x11.5x15s on them...

mustang002-1.jpg

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
wow nice foot print david O0 i have been serching and it looks like summit is the cheapest i can find for skinnies and fatties at 620.00 for the prostars...maybe they will have to wail for awhile still haha but now i got the numbers and everything so im good to go once i get the cash thanks for the help guys

S

scarface

tRaV_19 said:
wow nice foot print david O0 i have been serching and it looks like summit is the cheapest i can find for skinnies and fatties at 620.00 for the prostars...maybe they will have to wail for awhile still haha but now i got the numbers and everything so im good to go once i get the cash thanks for the help guys
I bought mine used from Truuble :)

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
i see i heard that the 10" are extremely close to the quad shock and if you turn hard can rub the lip soo i have no idea what to get...pro-stars for the win :dancing6:
Get some control arms and lose the quads ;)

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
tRaV_19 said:
I bought mine used from Truuble :)

hmmm mr. go fast vert guy that likes halos huh....maybe i will have to see if he has anymore wheels lying around

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you have no need for 10" welds if you are gonna use an ET street or ET drag...with that much tire, you are pretty much making sure you brake an axle.

get a 15X8 with 5.5" backspacing and some 26X11.5X15s..that is what i have on the cobra. and when they are cold, i can launch at 3500ish and only spin a little bit. with them warmed up, i will be able to launch at 5000-6000 on the track with no spin...HELLO sub 1.7 60' :pimp2:

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
lol well my launches are no where near that lol im a auto car leaving on the foot brake....lol ...i am going to see what times i can get outta my car at the track then i will probley try upper/lower control arms, sub frames, and a new convertor w/ trans brake... im expecting a great 60 foot time but it to die off at the end being a auto...but its all good time...and its easier to drive :dancing6:

94yellowgt

Reaction score
Get the 15X10's with a 6.5 bs. It is well worth it IMO. I have a 275/60/15 which is 28" tall on mine and its lowered about 2 inches. The quad shocks did not interfere although I did put a small dent in them with a hammer just to make sure. I did have to bend the e-brake bracket a little and do a little hammer to the inner fender but thats it and I think they look great. If you go with a 275/50/15 then you would have to do anything but put them on because they are only 26" tall.

Tell me that doesn't look badass!

Shot with 1.3 Megapixel at 2007-07-11

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
that is sexy as hell....what about launching does the swating with a lowered car interefer?? i was going to lower it then i decided to get pro-stars and figured not to as it might interfer...but during the week i would like to run street wheels and weekends put the welds on..so lowered would be nice...hmmm. a friend has found me a set of rears so far he is looking for fronts he believes he has them somewhere just not sure where at all of his cars are in trailers and not sure what car their on...but he has the rears right now with brand new slicks on them...they are 10" :noes: ...hello broken axels lol

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
if you are gonna get lowering springs, get some type of drag springs..H&R, Eibach, etc.

putting on slicks, then putting on regular lowering springs is like taking two steps forward then one step back.

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
im really not 100% for lowering it ...just a maybe... i just want him to find the fronts so i can get those bad boys on :pimp: ...then i need to get sub frames and a safety loop

S

scarface

there is nothing lowering about eibach drag springs! My 97 looked like a 4x4 with them. I lowered it with sportlines, and installed airbags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online