WELD WHEELS?

ICEMAN330824

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am a newbie to this site & to Mustangs overall. I have owned my 94 GT for about 8mths now I think, lol. I have done a couple of Mods listed in my Sig below, gone to the track once, and ran low 15's, couldn't get into the 14's. I am going to buy some under drive pullies, and 3.73 gears as well as some slicks to help me get into the 14's.

Right now Im working on the exterior of my car. I just bought a 3" SVO Cowl Hood, and a Sypder Body Kit. I just put the hood on the car a week ago and I like it alot. Im wating to recieve my kit here shortly via UPS. But Im wanting to find a good set of wheels, Weld wheels to be specific. I wanted to know if anyone had any that they drive on the street, and what type of spacing I need/ width front from back tire, like 15 x 6 up front & 15 x 10 in the rear, etc. Could you guys give me some suggestions on how to choose a good set of weld wheels, and what spec's I need to buy some. Im prob gonna run some big goodyear tires, or bfgood rich, dont know yet. Suggestions welcomed, Im basically going with weld wells instead of 18" b/c I want the more Muscle Car mustang look. No offence to everyone with 18" or 20's or 22's etc. Ill post some pic'ts of my stang this weekend. Thanks in advance for all your responses.

Oh I forgot to metion I bought the 3" Hood b/c Im going to do a 351 swap and I know I need the clearance, plus it make the car look mean. The 351 will be stoked out to a 427 pumping out a juciy 600+ hp at the crank, and about 500 to the tires. Ill be buying the motor within a few months pending my wife, lol! Anyhow thought Id metion that.

----Iceman :santa_afro: :banana:

Z28 This

Reaction score
with 15x10 on a street car u could run into problems id just go 15x8s in back and 15x4 up front or 5 heres mine....

its crappy pics(taken with cam phone) they look alot better and the car was dirty haha...ill try for better pics

SORRY UPGRADING FORUMS, ATTACHMENT WAS ERASED, YOU NEED TO REUPLOAD!

OP
OP
I

ICEMAN330824

Reaction score
Thanks man. What about spacing and all that mumbo jumbo, and what size tires are those front & back? I saw your car over under members showcasing their rides or whatever. I like the look your sporting there, are cars look identical right now, hood/color and all minus the wheels, lol. And until I put my body kit on. Oh and how much you pay for those wheels. I was trying to order some from jegs, dont know what king draglite, or some other brand. Let me know if you suggest somewhere else. Thanks. what about 15 x 9 in the back.

:santa_grin:

S

scarface

Z28 This said:
with 15x10 on a street car u could run into problems id just go 15x8s in back and 15x4 up front or 5 heres mine....

its crappy pics(taken with cam phone) they look alot better and the car was dirty haha...ill try for better pics
What kind of problems can you run into with 10's? First Ive heard of it.

Z28 This

Reaction score
ICEMAN330824 said:
Thanks man. What about spacing and all that mumbo jumbo, and what size tires are those front & back? I saw your car over under members showcasing their rides or whatever. I like the look your sporting there, are cars look identical right now, hood/color and all minus the wheels, lol. And until I put my body kit on. Oh and how much you pay for those wheels. I was trying to order some from jegs, dont know what king draglite, or some other brand. Let me know if you suggest somewhere else. Thanks. what about 15 x 9 in the back.

:santa_grin:

mine are 15x8 in the back with 5.5 back spacing and the fronts are 15x4 with 2.5 back spacing with the front your gonna need a spacer and the rest should be fine...and then your gonna need lugs nuts and washers and all that....i bought mine from Holcomb Motorsports...for the wheels,tires,lugs it run me around $1300 but i also bought M/T drag radials so that ran me a little higher than street tires would run you.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Z28 This said:

thats it right there :dancing6:

Z28 This

Reaction score
not really problems just more clearance issues and if its a full street car x8 is perfect for the street/track use

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
Z28 This said:
mine are 15x8 in the back with 5.5 back spacing and the fronts are 15x4 with 2.5 back spacing with the front your gonna need a spacer and the rest should be fine...and then your gonna need lugs nuts and washers and all that....i bought mine from Holcomb Motorsports...for the wheels,tires,lugs it run me around $1300 but i also bought M/T drag radials so that ran me a little higher than street tires would run you.
...And for the million dollar question, what size spacer to clear the "cobra" rotors up front?

Z28 This

Reaction score
Steve-Oh said:
Z28 This said:
...And for the million dollar question, what size spacer to clear the "cobra" rotors up front?

7/16" spacer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online