Well finally..thanks ryclef.

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by 95KBGT, Feb 28, 2007.

1. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

Finally got everything running again. The gator back belts were shredding, so i threw back on the smog pulley delete and went and got a 114in gates belts, and works like a charm.

i also have 2 gator back belts new i will sell for $30 a piece. one is 100in the other is 101in

2. Suspect

Suspect Well-Known Member

so its off, what no pics? i wanna do this soo bad. just dont know how im gonna pass. didnt u say u had emmissions? :dunno:

3. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

it really wasnt that hard man. the only problems i ran into was the belt. the smog pulley is 5in in diameter, and the delete pulley is 4.5in diameter. that and i couldnt get the bolts off the back of the heads, so i found a washer and welded it in the metal hose. Tomm. i will get the pipe off from my x pipe and call it done.

BTW im a State Inspector with alot of friends.

4. Suspect

Suspect Well-Known Member

i gotta make friends with a inspector. ;)

5. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

Glad you got it figured out. Wish I would have thought about the tensioner's angle with your blower on there.

[​IMG]

If you look in this pic of my motor. You can see where I've cut my alternator bracket and ditched the tensioner and put on an adjustable strut from March. I just use the lower bolt on the alternator. The belt only runs the water pump and alternator. It works pretty good for me. I can still grab the water pump pulley by hand and spin it b/c the belt doesn't quite have enough wrap around it. I haven't had any belt squeal OR cooling/charging problems with this set up. I did it for about 40 bucks

6. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

damn thats pretty nifty.