Well finally..thanks ryclef.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Finally got everything running again. The gator back belts were shredding, so i threw back on the smog pulley delete and went and got a 114in gates belts, and works like a charm.

i also have 2 gator back belts new i will sell for $30 a piece. one is 100in the other is 101in

Suspect

Reaction score
so its off, what no pics? i wanna do this soo bad. just dont know how im gonna pass. didnt u say u had emmissions? :dunno:

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Suspect said:
so its off, what no pics? i wanna do this soo bad. just dont know how im gonna pass. didnt u say u had emmissions? :dunno:
it really wasnt that hard man. the only problems i ran into was the belt. the smog pulley is 5in in diameter, and the delete pulley is 4.5in diameter. that and i couldnt get the bolts off the back of the heads, so i found a washer and welded it in the metal hose. Tomm. i will get the pipe off from my x pipe and call it done.

BTW im a State Inspector with alot of friends.

Suspect

Reaction score
i gotta make friends with a inspector. ;)

ryclef331

Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out. Wish I would have thought about the tensioner's angle with your blower on there.

225761078.jpg

If you look in this pic of my motor. You can see where I've cut my alternator bracket and ditched the tensioner and put on an adjustable strut from March. I just use the lower bolt on the alternator. The belt only runs the water pump and alternator. It works pretty good for me. I can still grab the water pump pulley by hand and spin it b/c the belt doesn't quite have enough wrap around it. I haven't had any belt squeal OR cooling/charging problems with this set up. I did it for about 40 bucks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.