Well I finally did it

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well i finally ordered a pc 7424 8) . Cant wait for it to get here. Got the pc, edge 2000 pad kit, and optimum polish for now. I ordered it from autogeek and it should be here thurs hopefully. I have been wanting one but waiting to get it for awhile and i got my paycheck last week and just said screw it ill get it now. Autogeek has a special going on now too because they are moving or something. The code is MOVEIT and its 15% off (doesnt count on the pc though :'() My arm wont be tired and ill have no more swirls :banana:

wytstang

Reaction score
Sweet man congrats I can't wait to have time to try the Edge 2000 kit......

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
A lot less work than if i tried to do it by hand. I wouldnt be able to lift my arms and the results wouldnt be half as good. The stang looks good already but it will look awesome after i get the pc 8)

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well it finally showed up. Ended up having the day off so i hoped it would get here bright and early but it didnt. I might go try it out right now. Its raining out though :( I was suprised it is as heavy as it is. I figured it would be really light (not saying it is too heavy just suprised). Man i can wait to use it. Going to go attack the hood first (might be replacing down the road so good place to start even though i am sure i will have no problems)

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well i did a spot on the hood and on the roof. Damn its so nice. If you dont have one get one. I just tried the optimum polish with a orange edge 2k pad and it worked great. I just did a few spots because it is raining so hopefully tomorrow it will stop and i will wash the whole car than go over everything. i think i am going to step up to the green pad w/ the optimum tomorrow. Be able to tell better tomorrow in the sun but i know i will need to on the roof as it has etched water spots. I was amazed at the results with how easy and non-aggressive i went. When i get down to the finishing pads and wax it it is going to look awesome. I will get some after pics when the camera shows up. It is kind of noisey but i just rolled down the windows and cranked up alice in chains (cd player has a remote so it works great) :thumb: . If we had neighbors they would think i was nuts lol. My dad walked past the garage when i was polishing it and kind of gave me a wtf look haha.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ill get pics as soon as the new camera arrives. I imagine it would be next week at the earliest. When i use the leaf blower to dry off the car no one is around, but i usually just use ww's and the absorber.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Ya they arent bad for holding water. I usually just take a cheap ww i have to get most of it off. I need some new rims, but i need to work on the power first.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cool man! you'll like the PC - it's a great tool.

I have the edge kit too, but haven't used it yet.
It's been raining for the last week and half.
I'm anxious to try it.

I'll be watching for your pics!

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I already like it a lot. I hit the roof w/ the med cut pad and optimum compound then i used the orange light cutting pad w/ optimum polish. No more swirls :banana: . Only thing is it had small etched water spots and it didnt take them off. I thought about taking the yellow heavy cutting pad with the optimum compound but i dont think i am going to. I am going to pull it out in the sun tomorrow and see how it looks. It has been cool, rainy and crappy since friday. Hopefully it will clear up tomorrow so i can wash it and then go over it all with the pc. I was suprised how noisy the pc is. I crank up the cd player in the car and keep the remote in my pocket to turn it down when i am not running the pc lol. Good thing i live in the country the neighbors would be wondering wtf i was doing and pry call the cops on me lol . One thing i did is i had a jackass moment and lifted the pc off the car with it still going.... dont do that lol I had to wipe down the whole car :comando:

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well i got the hood/roof done tonight. I took the orange edge 2k pad w/ optimum polish then down to a blue pad w/ optimum polish and then used the white pad to put on one grand omega glaze. It looks great. Tomorrow i will wax the roof/hood and finish the rest of the car. I will pry be able to get after pics because i have a camera on the way but no before pics. I didnt think that the pc would be that great for putting on glazes/waxes but man it works much better. It took no time to put the glaze on the hood and roof. Man the pc 7424 is awesome :pimp2: If you dont have one go get one immediately.

The edge pads are nice. i cant compare them to regular hook & loop style pads but these work great. The only bad thing that i can see about them is ya that one pad is equal to 2 regular pads but the one side would have to be clean or dry or it would splatter all over when using the other side. I guess just clean it off as best as you can without getting it wet and go out in the open and crank it up to 6 and let it sling the rest of the shit off outside lol just make sure you are not around anything that you dont want covered

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
One thing i did is i had a jackass moment and lifted the pc off the car with it still going.... dont do that lol I had to wipe down the whole car :comando:
:lol:
LOL, i've dont that.
terry pads don't like it!!

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya i did it with a edge 2k pad w/ optimum polish. I had worked it in a fair bit so there wasnt a lot of polish on the pad but the whole car was covered in polish. I wont ever make that mistake again lol Even my shoes were coated lol

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
ya i did it with a edge 2k pad w/ optimum polish. I had worked it in a fair bit so there wasnt a lot of polish on the pad but the whole car was covered in polish. I wont ever make that mistake again lol Even my shoes were coated lol

haha, yea it takes 1 good polish to get used to it.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well the 1 gig sd card for the digital camera showed up today and the camera should be here thursday so i should get pics up towards the end of this week as long as everything goes right with the camera

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.