Well I finally made up my mind

jpajkos

Reaction score
After long debating over wether I will go Supercharged or Turbo I made a desicion. I will be going with an ATI Procharger w/ intercooler tuned at 10psi of boost. I talked with ForceFed performance today and keith said if I didn't have plans forging the motor just just he would like to see me go ATI. He said going turbo would be great but recommends I build a new block so he would be able to tune the turbo and not have any problems. My goal has alway been a reliable 450 rwhp daily driver and keith said lets just keep it simple for right now. He said in his opinion he's tuned alot of PI motors like mine to 10psi and has never had one problem with them. He has done a few Vortech's and also said it would be a good choice but an Intercooled ATI is the way to go. So by next spring it will be done. I will be working on nothing but suspension this winter. Im really excited about this and can't wait till it happens.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Great choice, Im getting the same after the first of the year when the tax money comes back my way.

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
lol thats why im waiting too. Tax money = ATI LOL. I don't know if i'll quite reach 450 to the wheels but it'll sure be intresting when its on there.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
lol thats why im waiting too. Tax money = ATI LOL. I don't know if i'll quite reach 450 to the wheels but it'll sure be intresting when its on there.

with the numbers in your sig I don't see it being a huge obstacle to overcome. The stage 2 kit offers gains of 60% or more I believe so 450 should be a realistic goal.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good choice!
You'll like that.
I've driven in my cousins 98 with a vortec, non intercooled at 5# and that felt good.
You'll be like double that! ;D

Good luck on the suspension, I went through my whole suspension last winter :thumb:

Nothin like a good :fastjob: er

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
good choice you will love it my buddy has one on his 98 cobra made lil over 500 on a stock motor....the only problem i have seen with that kit around here is the belt keeps slippin on a couple of people running those kits but all in all awesome way to go

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Yeah I looked into every charger finding all the little details I could. When I read reviews from people who owned Vortech and a paxton they said they would have done different if they waited alittle longer. They weren't knocking anything just said that ATI has proven to be a pretty reliable centrifugal charger other then the Twin Screw KB. Only thing i heard about KB's is that they have alot of oil issues sucks as leaking etc. But KB gets a thumbs up for instant boost. Springs cam in acouple days ago. Waiting in saving up some cash for shocks, caster camber plates, bumpsteer, rear lca's and K-member. Going all maximium motorsports except for the bumpsteer which will be steeda. I'll wait to put everything on at one time instead of piecing it together. I really didn't see the need to do coil over. Other then that its going to get ready for the blower. Any suggestions on motor prep for the blower other then forging it?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Going all maximium motorsports except for the bumpsteer which will be steeda. I'll wait to put everything on at one time instead of piecing it together.
That right there shows me that you've done your research.
Very very very good choice. MM Parts are far superior in performance and quality.
When I was researching about K's everyone said that the MM K rides the best.
You'll like it! I have the steeda Bupmsteer also, it's a nice piece.

jpajkos said:
Any suggestions on motor prep for the blower other then forging it?
You could play it modivational tapes!
Also, remind it not to let the power go to it's head!

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at alot of different suspension companies but one name always came up and the was Max Motorsports. I wasn't sure which route to go so I thought I would do what alot of people don't do and that was to call them and talk to them. Spoke with Larry over the phone. I told him how much I wanted to spend and he made it happen. When I get my stuff I will be going through Art on this site. I really like it when people talk with you over the phone. Larry took the time to make sure everything he was saying I understood and why some of these parts are really cruical to have. He said with this set up I should have no problem planting that power on the ground (after the new wheels and sticky tires get put on). I will defiantly post up pictures all all the work done.

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Question I have 4.10s in there now. When the charger goes in should I dropped down to 3.55s or 3.73s? Do you guys think I will run out of gear to quick with the 4.10s

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've been very impressed whenever I call and talk with them.
they do take the time to explain stuff, I really like that.

I'd try it with you're 410's, since you won't have any low end gain, you should be ok traction wise (if you have sticky tires)
You could always try it and swap if after if it's too steep.

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Nah I dont feel like spending 10 grand to forge and build the motor then turn around and spend anothor 10 grand on a decent turbo set up.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Nah I dont feel like spending 10 grand to forge and build the motor then turn around and spend anothor 10 grand on a decent turbo set up.
Hey, quit makin fun of me! :angel:

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
before you do anything check out hellion power sytems,
just google it and look at their turbo packages.
they dont have a 96-98 specific yet but talk to them,
their like 5 grand and i cant remember if they recomended forging
or not.....
but the have some neat stuff on there
just an opinion

97vertstang

Reaction score
i think thats a really good choice :thumb: 450rwhp shouldnt be that hard, 2v modulars love boost!!!!!

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
yeah
and when looking at hellion,
also notice they have on there
the fuel mileage from one of their cars
thats a stock 2v PI and has like 450rwhp and
still knocks down 20mpg on the highway....
thats nice power for the passing lane.......

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Well I found a guy around here who will smog my car. :thumb: Garrauntee's it to pass no matter what. So im going to order some VT Stage 2 cams and have the heads re-ported for this. What are some other nice things to do you think? Now im thinking about building up the motor alittle bit more before the charger gets put on. How much you think I would gain with a big bore and some stage 2 cams?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.