well I have no mustang :(

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
TT FTW... 8)
yep those kits stock block at 20+ PSI 1000HP at a mild tune and 15PSI 650HP

And a usable power range of a whopping 300 rpm . . . .

We can do better . . .. MUCH better!!

G

GREG@SN95

TRUUBLE said:
GREG@SN95 said:
lol... yers will be better then brian's

yers will have an eaton chillin on top of that DOHC 32V beast

Nope. His will have something MUCH MUCH better than an Eaton . . . trust me, young Jedi.

well I was talking stock for stock... eaton is stock... and much better then a non s/c mustang...

so suck my ass darth vader

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
well I was talking stock for stock... eaton is stock... and much better then a non s/c mustang...

You're such a tease, pretty boy . . . lol.

What I'm talking about is better than any other forced induction system on the planet.

Details soon.

Yours Truly

Darth

97vertstang

Reaction score
scarface said:
Hopefully It will be saturday, but I will wait and post pics after its cleaned...(I learned my lesson on that when you got your 5.0 )
yeah and dont take pics when its dark either. i was too anxious thats why i posted right away ;D but by the pic u showed us it looks very clean.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
GREG@SN95 said:

You're such a tease, pretty boy . . . lol.

What I'm talking about is better than any other forced induction system on the planet.

Details soon.

Yours Truly

Darth

now come on man you cant do that to us.... you have to tell us now what your plans are .... will this work on my stang also truuble??

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
now come on man you cant do that to us.... you have to tell us now what your plans are .... will this work on my stang also truuble??

Ok . . . I'm going to let the cat out of the bag . . . a little, for the purpose of gauging interest. There is a fairly new supercharger on the market called a Rotrex. Go to www.rotrex.com to check it out. You can also check out the article in Hotrod magazine from about a year ago on these blowers.

This blower has a "step up" gear system that makes it much more efficient than ANY other blower on the market. The adibatic efficiency of this blower is equal to, and in some cases better than, a turbo. Simply put, the Rotrex is probably the biggest development in forced induction in the last 20 years.

With a Vortech, or any other typical centri blower, you will gain approximately 8-9 hp per pound of boost after the parasitic loss from turning the blower. With a Rotrex, you would gain closer to 12-13 hp per pound. So . . . Vortech at 8 pounds gives you 64-72 hp where a Rotrex at 8 pounds would give you 96-104 hp.

Here's the best part, the rotrex is a small unit . . and perfect for a Mustang application. But . . no one makes a kit to install it on a Mustang . . . until now.

I am now working on kits for all late model Mustangs and have already applied for the patents. I expect that the price of the kits will be at, or below, the price of other centrifigul blower units and significantly less than positive displacement blowers.

I'll fill you guys in a bit more when we get to the beta testing phase . . . . but I'm pretty damned excited about the whole thing.

Hicks

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
SvtBlack95 said:

Ok . . . I'm going to let the cat out of the bag . . . a little, for the purpose of gauging interest. There is a fairly new supercharger on the market called a Rotrex. Go to www.rotrex.com to check it out. You can also check out the article in Hotrod magazine from about a year ago on these blowers.

This blower has a "step up" gear system that makes it much more efficient than ANY other blower on the market. The adibatic efficiency of this blower is equal to, and in some cases better than, a turbo. Simply put, the Rotrex is probably the biggest development in forced induction in the last 20 years.

With a Vortech, or any other typical centri blower, you will gain approximately 8-9 hp per pound of boost after the parasitic loss from turning the blower. With a Rotrex, you would gain closer to 12-13 hp per pound. So . . . Vortech at 8 pounds gives you 64-72 hp where a Rotrex at 8 pounds would give you 96-104 hp.

Here's the best part, the rotrex is a small unit . . and perfect for a Mustang application. But . . no one makes a kit to install it on a Mustang . . . until now.

I am now working on kits for all late model Mustangs and have already applied for the patents. I expect that the price of the kits will be at, or below, the price of other centrifigul blower units and significantly less than positive displacement blowers.

I'll fill you guys in a bit more when we get to the beta testing phase . . . . but I'm pretty damned excited about the whole thing.

Dude that sounds awesome!!!!
Like is it a rooted style or more of a centri?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
sounds very interesting truuble, ima have to check out the site. So any idea on how long before you will be able to run your first tests or how far are you now?

If ya need a 5.0 test mule send one my way id be happy to run it for you ;) :naughty:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hicks said:
Dude that sounds awesome!!!!
Like is it a rooted style or more of a centri?

It's a centri blower . . . but has the efficiency of a turbo. :boink:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Get that wing thingy off that Cobra as soon as you get it home...
New Edge looks really good wingless.

OP
OP
S

scarface

DropTopPony said:
Get that wing thingy off that Cobra as soon as you get it home...
New Edge looks really good wingless.
we will see ;)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
lol... yers will be better then brian's

yers will have an eaton chillin on top of that DOHC 32V beast
why the hell would he want a eaton over a Kb????

mine will be blown in a matter of WEEKS.......mine>davids 8)

no dis to you david

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
TT FTW... 8)
yep those kits stock block at 20+ PSI 1000HP at a mild tune and 15PSI 650HP

thats super and all but you cant put that on a stock NON 03-04 Cobra 4 valve, the limit is 450-500rwhp. So unless hes going to strip that modular and rebuild it, the TT is pissing in the wind.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
SvtBlack95 said:

sounds interesting, what kind of cooling does this offer? the 8-9hp from that vortech per pound of boost is quite a bit under what a stage 2 ATI blower offers.

Ok I have went and checked out this rotex thing.......I have not FOUND ONE FOR A FORD at all. GM cars and bmw's some snow bikes and crap like that but NOTHING for a Ford of any kind

OP
OP
S

scarface

Actually I did the speed thing the last time, I am going to leave the engine the way it is for a while. I want to make it look good first.

It will remain the mostly stock 99 32v DOHC 4.6 for quite a while....I have rental properties that require money right now, and they MAKE money...my car doesnt.

So Brian>me and thats ok....cause damnit, I know Im somebody!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
Actually I did the speed thing the last time, I am going to leave the engine the way it is for a while. I want to make it look good first.

It will remain the mostly stock 99 32v DOHC 4.6 for quite a while....I have rental properties that require money right now, and they MAKE money...my car doesnt.

you are heads above a lot of guys.......you are a SVT owner now 8) did you get pics yet?

OP
OP
S

scarface

Snakebit said:
scarface said:

you are heads above a lot of guys.......you are a SVT owner now 8) did you get pics yet?
nah, Im going to meetup with him on friday after work, and bring it home.

It may not be the fastest thing around, but it is over 300 whp and it is mostly stock still....I have plenty of room to upgrade in the future, where my NonPi was Maxed out, if not beyond maxed out.

So I think I made a GREAT decision in the sales. regardless of the haters :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
scarface said:

nah, Im going to meetup with him on friday after work, and bring it home.

It may not be the fastest thing around, but it is over 300 whp and it is mostly stock still....I have plenty of room to upgrade in the future, where my NonPi was Maxed out, if not beyond maxed out.

So I think I made a GREAT decision in the sales. regardless of the haters :)

for all the haters you can kiss our 4 valve drivin - IRS haivn - Twin cam thumping - better than your dinky 2 valve :ass3: :ass3:'s

I think you made a good decision D, the potential you have is great and like you said your in a 300rwhp car now and to be honest you dont have crap on it as it is. Even though the parts are a little expensive cams/heads/and a FR500 intake is SUPER CRAZY on these Cobras not to mention what a blower or nos will do. :boink: The limit to the bolt-on hp is limited to the stock bottom end.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
brian you really need to read into the site more. Rotrex just makes the blower housings/units truuble is talking of making kits to stick them on stangs.

They are fixing the lack of bottom end of the centri and lack of top end from positive displacement blowers by implement "multispeed gearbox" into the sc. It kind of combines the pros/power of the centri/positive displacement blowers and turbos all into one. They are very efficient (says up to 98%), less parasitic loss and apparently very quiet. They are supposed to have a low cost and more compact also. It is a pretty interesting design if you really look into it. It could change sc's if they take off.

And there is an s197 with one on it. I didnt see much info on it but it is @ 500+hp. In the vid you didnt even hear any whine or anything (can you say sleeper :naughty:) ima go see if i can dig up more info on it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online