Well i tried to wire up my foglights...

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
but ended up killing my headlights instead. I found a diagram of what wire went where on the switch so i cut the wires off the harness and put spade connectors on them and plugged them into the switch. Well the foglights didnt work and neither do my low beams. Everything else is fine including high beams and parking lights. I checked fuses and they are all ok so what the hell did i do? I then respliced the wires back into the harness, but i still left the switch hooked up and still the foglights and lowbeams didnt work. I had a bad enough day i just gave up on it. I am pretty sure that my wires are right. Maybe if i unhook the switch the low beams will work again. Anyone have any ideas on what i did wrong?

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ok i got it all fixed. I messed with it and i decided instead of wiring it like it is stock i made it so i can turn them on w/e the key is on  :banana: i ended up leaving one wire off the switch... it says its for illumination (i think). the button lights up and everything so its all good. My cd player lights and clock dim a bit when i turn my headlights or my parklights on. Is this normal or did i mess something up? cant wait to see what it looks like at night. The day is going good so i might try to tap the threads on the intake for the egr

Tattoogod

Reaction score
lights dimming,could be your using to high of wattage fog lights with to thin of wire. alt is getting old,older battery,or not enough ground. when you upgrade anything electrical that the car didn't come with originally.you ll need to step up everything that goes along with it,such as bigger wire to compensate for the extra flow of electric,etc...

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
the foglights are the stock cobras and have the stock bulbs in them. i replaced one of them so i know they are stock. The cd lights and clock dim when i turn the parking lights or headlights. the foglights dont affect it i think. if i use the "flash to pass" they dont dim either. maybe ill mess with grounds as the alt and battery are pretty new

97WhitePony

Reaction score
did you put a relay to the foglights, or just wire them to a switch... hopefully you threw a relay to them and a lil 20amp fuse, if not, it could cause you some problems... I.E. a fire...

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
It should be alright as it has the stock fog light relay in it still. I used the stock switch and wires i just used individual connectors as it is missing the harness under the center console. I got power from the wire that would be for the convt top so i have power w/e the key is on. I think it should all be ok shouldnt it?

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
97WhitePony said:
did you put a relay to the foglights, or just wire them to a switch... hopefully you threw a relay to them and a lil 20amp fuse, if not, it could cause you some problems... I.E. a fire...

I lol'd 8)

Tattoogod

Reaction score
i know i am driving the grounding issue in here..but i find most people use crimps on the terminals for the hot and grounds, if you use a soldiering Gun on them ,,you'll be amazed at the difference.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Thats a good idea never really thought about that. When i get time im gonna go over the grounds. Judging by a few other problems i pry should definately go over the wiring before it goes up in smoke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online