Well im going in a different direction with the car now

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well i really wanted to turbo the stang this year but i just dont think its gonna happen. The $$ adds up quickly. Originally i wanted to go w/ turbo kit, afm pms to tune it with, and a g force/astro performance t5. That is easily going to cost over 5k-6k when ya add up all the little shit. I am currently only make $10 and hour and plan on getting my own place soon so money will be tighter so i thought to myself there goes the goodies for the stang. Well i was reading mmff and i stumbled onto a nitrous article and then i said to myself, "hell yeah ill go with nitrous instead" I plan on going with a wet kit w/ a 100/125 shot. I will get all the safety goodies like window switch, bottle heater etc. I think nitrous will be a good fit for me. I plan on starting going to the strip (one 1 1/2 away and another 2 hours away) this year also as i have never been to one but desperately want to. After doing some searching i think it can be done right for a really good price. Seems like a lot of people get the kits and are too scared to put it on or something lol. I should be able to get it first thing this spring too!!! I am all amped up now thinking about it. I just got to figure out where i want to put the bottle (dont think i will hide anything, but unsure as of yet), try to come up with a cool idea to put the purge at and find a place to fill it up at lol . I think i will get 2 bottles too (especially since i dont think anyone in my town can refill the nitrous). Any of you guys have nitrous? i have never been in a car with n2o but i think it will be a fun kick in the ass!

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I'm doing nitrous next year. Carefully . . . lol.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
300 shot FTW :bunny3: :bunny3: ;D :D

dont forget you need to get a tune to run nitrous....thats the only thing i need + spark plugs to run my nitrous....Woot :banana:

Hellion94

Reaction score
Were you planning on a DIY turbo, or buying a kit?

If you do it yourself, you could easily get into a nice system for under 1500 bucks.

Then all you do is go to a dyno and have them flash tune the computer, or tune it with a chip --- much less expensive than the PMS system.

And leave your stock t-5 in, just don't launch hard on slicks, or powershift. Just get a good clutch.

Trust me, the power benefit of a turbo over nitrous, not to mention the easier tuning, and less stress on the engine are all good reasons to try and go turbo. There's nothing like it.

But if you were planning on buying all that stuff (nice turbo kit, PMS and trans) You'd probably be in more like 8 grand.

I would just go the DIY way, there's TONS of writeups and step-by-step builds on Turbomustangs.com that can tell you exactly what you need and exactly how to do it the best way. It's worth it to go turbo.

EDIT: check this thread out. It's a kit you can buy off of ebay for 650 bucks, this guy bought one, and is going through it with a fine tooth comb to see what the problems are, if there are any. Very good thread and very good info on a VERY affordable twin turbo kit that KEEPS ALL THE ACCESORIES. You should go check it out.

http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index.php?topic=73925.0

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well i was planning on getting a kit and the tuner a probably getting along for awhile with the stock t5. I will look into a diy turbo a little more but i really think i will end up going with nitrous.

I was looking around and there are bottles that you can get for dirt cheap prices then i could just get a kit w/o a bottle. I am suprised by how many deals on n2o there is. Found a great deal for you 4.6 guys, it hasnt met reserve yet though. A cheap kick in the ass

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I am planning on running a 125 shot. Should be plenty

Im checking out that turbo thread as i am typing this. Sounds interesting so far....

I plan on doing the power adder this spring. Maybe i should just do both so i am then forced to get a stronger block lol. That sure as hell wont happen but it would be badass anyways.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well it did "run" accidentally and blow up your intake. (hows the new intake coming anways?) Man that has to suck.

The main reason i am thinking of n2o is the price plus i really want to start going to the strip. I will definately get the window switch, fuel pressure switch, bottle heater etc. I may get remote opener unsure as of yet. Might go w/o for awhile and then later add it if i want.

I actually just got done checking out dynotunes site and i am fairly impressed with there stuff and prices. I remembered that you had gotten it earlier so i searched for it and found there site. I also checked out compucar they seem to have a good rep too and good prices also. I am suprised how many good deals there are out there for n2o.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
N20, the poor mans supercharger.

Dynotune FTW or Zex!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
nitrous is the best for power but ill never get it, just donest intrest me probaly because i dont drag my car.

i have wonder what it would be like to have it on my car..........but wondering is as far as I have ever taken it :D

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
You should get nitrous for your 99, then when you get your terminator slap it on there :naughty:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Matt94GT said:
nitrous is the best for power but ill never get it, just donest intrest me probaly because i dont drag my car.

i have wonder what it would be like to have it on my car..........but wondering is as far as I have ever taken it :D

Pansy

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fets said:
Snakebit said:
Matt94GT said:

Pansy

I call it living safe ;D ;D

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
nitrous is just as safe as boost when done right. Window switches, fuel switches etc. make sure that no damage can be done. Dalamars intake blew because the nitrous was turned on when the rpms were way too low. It happened when the car was running and one guy was messing with the wiring and both stages activated causing a 200 shot of nitrous to go into a motor that is idling. Pretty much human error not the nitrous's fault (or bad switch or something i suppose). Window switches keep the n2o from activating when the rpms are too low (nitrous "puddles" in intake and boom), fuel pressure switch doesnt allow the nitrous to activate when the fuel pressure is not high enough, wot switch makes sure that is only activated when @ full throttle, and various other safety precautions. And the nitrous isnt going to explode in the trunk and kill you either. Just man up and throw some n2o on your 99 for the time being and then when you get your terminator you can put it on there instead of spending 6k on a blower that will only be on for what like a year?

I really want to go with a plate instead of a nozzle (plate between the upper and lower intake not behind the tb). but it is quite a bit more to go with a plate compared to the nozzle set ups. :dunno:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ya, it was just wierd.
I'm glad it was the plastic intake, let the pressure out without much resistance.
I was gonna upgrade with the turbo's anyway, so that just made it happen sooner.

It's still tore down, chrome and paint,. He was gonna try to degree the cams this week, but
He's really busy.
he has over 10 cars there, and 5 motors that I saw.

He was droping a 4V in an 01 when I was there monday (go ahead and get a boner snakebit :hammer: )
, and the 300 shot, Fox Modular is coming along, as well as that Mach beauty.

Last friday, I saw a 3V blow up on the dyno!
that was wild.
Dealer special, pretty car, mods, wheels, and a Hellion single turbo. Ford installed everything.
they didn't install something right, first pull, it overboosted and threw a rod through the block.
After he looked it over, he said "it's all fun and games until your engine blows up"
LOL...
I wished I had my camera there.

there's 2 other twin turbo cars there, and he's doing Procharger and Saleen blowers pretty regularly.

AAAANYWAY,
the weather's shitty, so I'm not sweating it.

much.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Ya, it was just wierd.
I'm glad it was the plastic intake, let the pressure out without much resistance.
I was gonna upgrade with the turbo's anyway, so that just made it happen sooner.

It's still tore down, chrome and paint,. He was gonna try to degree the cams this week, but
He's really busy.
he has over 10 cars there, and 5 motors that I saw.

He was droping a 4V in an 01 when I was there monday (go ahead and get a boner snakebit :hammer: )
, and the 300 shot, Fox Modular is coming along, as well as that Mach beauty.

Last friday, I saw a 3V blow up on the dyno!
that was wild.
Dealer special, pretty car, mods, wheels, and a Hellion single turbo. Ford installed everything.
they didn't install something right, first pull, it overboosted and threw a rod through the block.
After he looked it over, he said "it's all fun and games until your engine blows up"
LOL...
I wished I had my camera there.

there's 2 other twin turbo cars there, and he's doing Procharger and Saleen blowers pretty regularly.

AAAANYWAY,
the weather's shitty, so I'm not sweating it.

much.

we have wood :naughty:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online