Well look what i JUST found...

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Just hiding in the back of the shop... No title, owner wants the rear, i think thats all he wants..
image_zps9z4cidle.jpg

Im sure you know what i want....That powerplant. I may be able to pick it up dirt cheap. I have some questions...
What would be a fair price for the motor with harness and computer?
Is this one of the teksid aluminum block cars?

To swap into my 02 GT 5spd:
Im assuming i need the harness and ECU correct, or will my ECU work with a tune??
Will a 2v manual flywheel work with it?
Should i grab the factory H pipe or anything else this car has to offer? Maybe the wheels? Hate to see one of these get parted out, but its got no title and if i can get a cheap DOHC then im gettin it...

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Don't the 4v motors have the WAP aluminum block? Not the teksid. Not that it matters, I'm just splittin' hairs.

Good find, though, I look forward to seeing a 4v swap.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I would get as much as I could if it was cheap enough. I think those had the 4r75 transmission and those are pretty sturdy units so you could potentially make some money there. As for the 4v swap, your stock ecu will work just fine with a tune and im pretty sure your harness will work with a little modification. I don't believe the mid pipes are the same as the mustangs.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Grab the driveshaft, sway bars, springs, wheels, tranny, tranny cooler, ps cooler, from k-member. The crown vic crowd will eat this up!!

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Just buy the whole dang car for parts... lol. if the price is right that is..

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i kinda would like to see you buy the whole car and restore it lol. always loved the marauders. good info in here though. i too wondered about this. i see a ton of crown vics parting out on cl.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Just buy the whole dang car for parts... lol. if the price is right that is..

This may be the plan. Like I said the owner only wants the rear end out of it. Stock 3.55s I think...

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good info. How about the flywheels? Will I need the cobra flywheel or are the crank patterns the same?

Magic

Reaction score
The Marauder 4.6 DOHC is pretty much the same as the Mach 1 4.6 DOHC/Auto.

That engine uses a 6 bolt crank, so you will have to buy a 6 bolt flywheel or use the one from your 02 GT engine.
I would use your current harness and ecu with a tune. Some wires will need to be lengthened etc.
A good read: http://www.modularrevolution.com/forums/4vswap.php

Also, the marauder upper intake is different as it puts the TB on the drivers side. So you'll have to find a 99 up Cobra or Mach 1 upper and TB and cables. Also fuel rails from a Mustang as well.
Exhaust is specific as well, you will need Mustang exhaust manifolds/headers as well.

Be a nice upgrade if you can snag the motor on the cheap.

On the other hand, how hard would it be to get a title for that car, fix it up and sell it for a profit or just DD it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online