well, my car is being a lil bi*** right now

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Okay... so last night took the g/f out... car drove fine, smoking more, but drove fine.

Today my dad and I go to go get some oil and stuff from the auto parts store, and I hear this hideous loud rattling coming from the back, like "clink clink clink' whenever I go over a bump. So, with rage, I say "fu** it I'll check it when we get there"

Turns out my rear sway bar broke! oh joy!

So my question is... does anyone know how difficult it is to change out the rear sway bar???

Second... my car is smoking all the time when it's hot now. However it only smokes on idle or after idling, driving I get nothing. GENTLE below 1500 rpm cruising I get some smoke the second I tap the gas. So I now KNOW my valve guide seals are SHOT. So I have 6 quarts of valvoline 10w40 and some max life treatment ready to go in.

but please lemme know about the rear sway bar... and of course it's a dealer only item, but that means I can probably get it CHEAP since I work there

George

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Well I got my old way bar off and it's sitting on my back porch. Tomorrow I'm gonna order/buy one from the dealer I work at. I usually get stuff at 10% over cost.

I'm also going to get new bolts and clips for the bolts just to be safe... may as well do it right.

::sigh:: this still doesn't help my stupid valve guide seals, little muthafukas.

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
There is nothing you can really do about the valve seals but replace them.

If its just the smoke that is bothering you now, just run full synthetic oil. Sythetic oil doesnt burn, it might take a few days but the smoking will stop. That is what most used car lots do with smokey cars... :nonono:

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
are you certain that synthetic doesn't burn? I was always under the understanding if it burns/smokes with regular oil, it'll smoke and use oil a lot more with synthetic because it's such a better lubricant...

G

GREG@SN95

sway bar easy...

you need to worry bout that engine... rebuild it... you need to do... it seems like its undrivable to me so this is yer chance

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
It's driveable I just leave a smoke trail wherever I go... it sucks because it runs so freakin smooth and strong yet blows so much smoke, stupid valve seals!!!

G

GREG@SN95

monkeydude3 said:
It's driveable I just leave a smoke trail wherever I go... it sucks because it runs so freakin smooth and strong yet blows so much smoke, stupid valve seals!!!
rebuild it

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Yeah. I am gonna be getting a little beater honda sometime soon, pretty much ASAP

I'm gonna build a new motor for the car. I'm gonna throw some 10w40 in there at the next change and see what happens.

Thanks for the input :thumb:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck on the rebuild,
the swaybar is easy, 4 bolts.
I welded my friends 95 stock sway bar last year, it broke on the bolt hole.

You gonna get a stiffer one? Eibach makes a diecent one, MM makes stiffer stock shaped ones also.

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
I just bought a stock OEM one for a deal at my work.

I'm doing a PI swap, the problem i'm having is in the heads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online