Well, the dyno numbers are in

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You know what I think, and have always thought? Ford arbitrarily decided to rate it 10 hp higher for the hell of it.

Reaction score
i could see that Jr. they had to do somethin cause that was the year the LS1 debuted in the camaros i beleive

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
They arbitrarily decided to rate Cobra's at 320 (or whatever it was) , then got called on it, lol. Dam,n chassis dyno's

Reaction score
yea i remember that. but 10 HP can be gotten through the tune and manifolds pretty easily

OP
OP
N

nemoxii

Reaction score
I think it was the '99s that were the recalled year. thats why there was no 2000 models. could be wrong, though, just thought I remembered reading that somewhere. plus I figure i should atleast throw in my .2 cents...since i did start this thread, can't remember what it was about though...hmmm...lol.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lol, it was the 99's that were recalled, but it happened because they just decided to call it 320 hp like the Camaro SS, then they had to make up a story about how the head's had a defect, casting flash in the intake, etc.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
It happened right around the time that chassis dyno's were actually attainable and people were visiting them. Hot Rod reported the loss first, but then reports of people running to the dyno started pouring in... And a recall was issued, which was nice, since Ford really didn't have to.

voidfinger

Reaction score
Fine since you fucken know everything. Call up steen an ask him why the fuck he won't touch anything other than a 98 head then. I don't give a damn what your E book said. Yes i'm calling you out and guess what big guy. I have tore into a motor before and yea they can say what they want but i got a damn set of 98 and 96 stock manifolds sitting at my shop sooooo. Yea no difference. I also have a set of 96 heads which flow less than a set of 98's on what side... yes the exaust side. So yes, i might have talked some different ideas out but shit who hasn't . If you got money to spend on something just b/c you thought about it that day then go right ahead. O and i do know what the hell a pi intake looks like? how would you even think i wouldn't? So whatever, you go on believeing what you want and spreading shit around b/c you and a couple other people "think" it and thats ok. I know what i'm talking about b/c i've been around these cars since 2001... were you even in high school then? Later

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
alright guys, take it easy. No need for hostility here, seems like lately theres a butt load of calling outs, including on myself, by a select few, but i'm not going to even acknowledge their backward asses. You can say as much as you want but when it comes right down to it, this is about as useful as a dick waving competition :hammer:

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I love waving my dick, it's how I say hello, lol. Anyway, it really doesn't matter a whole lot.

voidfinger

Reaction score
V said:
alright guys, take it easy. No need for hostility here, seems like lately theres a butt load of calling outs, including on myself, by a select few, but i'm not going to even acknowledge their backward asses. You can say as much as you want but when it comes right down to it, this is about as much use as a dick waving competition :hammer:

Just get pissed when people act like they know and then say "o you have no knowledge on the subject". Shit, i've been in my motor more than once and I'm not stupid. Plus first hand exspirance has to count for something. But for dick waving... she there is no compotion there. :coolsmiley:

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
96 gt's are underrated from the factory
:thumb:

theyre faster than 97s and 98s!

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
lol. if the 98s have 10 more hp. then why the hell does it matter.. its the driver anyways... if you can't make your car move then it doesn't matter. dyno numbers make nothing if you can't make it move.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
time slips mean the most.

it takes everything into play

power,traction, driver skill

Reaction score
not gonna argue cause i could give a shit less of your "knowledge". not gonna argue with you either cause guess what, its the INTERNET. its fucken useless to argue with you since you been in the "game" since 01. i find humor in the fact you get your fucken thong in a wad over whether or not the exhaust side of a NPI head is different. as for steen, i dont give a shit what ONE company will only go with. seems stupid to me cause if your gonna work a head it really doesnt matter what size the ports start out at. it matters on how much material is there to shave. i provided a complete paragraph wich tells you exactly what was redesigned but you can go on believin what you want, im not here to argue or deal with people who think they have all the knowledge and cant be wrong. you show me a pic or stats where the 98 head is different on the exhaust side and ill admit i was wrong, plain and simple.

i do find it kinda questionable that for someone taht knows as much as you do apparently, cant understand why his car wont dyno a higher number. talk all you want man but people here who know their shit know that i can backup what i say. i wasnt tryin to get in a pissin contest but you wanted it to go there.

as for you bein in the game for 7 years, dont really mean shit if you havent learned anything in that time. im not gonna question your knowledge anymore, cause when it comes down to it, i know what i know, and i could care less what you think you know. ive tore down and built up everything form the chevy smallbock to the ford 5.0L(twice) so if you wanna question my knowledge go right ahead. but your still not correct. i actually do the work on my car and not have "pro's" do it for me, i know how to tune my own car without havin some wannabe dyno guy tell me whats goin on, you stated yourself the dyno you went to blew up a couple of cars that day, and if he did actually let you on the dyno with a poor runnin car he doesnt know shit either.

my basic point is DONT CALL ME OUT, IF YOU ARENT READY TO HEAR WHAT I HAVE TO SAY.
i made a simple post sayin you were not correct, and you wanted to be a smartass so you can back off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995