Welp it looks like I'll be selling my car soon

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
94Vert said:
Dude do you realize what your car payment and insurance will be. Probably like close to 600 per month. Get a low mile 99 cobra and put a blower on it, then you got termy #'s. And alot less debt. That way you will actually be able to drive it some and not just to work.
ummm termie owns a 99 with a blower by like a bazillion...forged internals own the 99/01. and i think his payments are gonna be more than $600 a month for car payments and insurance.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
its gonna be way more than that. Hell my 95 is almost 400 a month for insurance and loan payment. You will pry be close to 800 depending on how much you put down and how many tickets you have. :noes:

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
wait till your abit older?? Dont work for your car bro.

Get something like a 01+GT and turbo that bitch.

ck5.0

Reaction score
I think my brother is paying around 500 for his 03 Cobra. I am unsure what his insurance is. Good luck Fets.

94yellowgt

Reaction score
You can always do what I did. I just took my '94 and did Heads/Cam/ Intake and a D1SC Procharger and I will be putting out more power than any stock Terminator and some modded Terminators with less weight and less money. My insurance is only $100 a month and the car is paid for. I was in the same boat as you about a year ago and wanted a Terminator so bad but im about to buy a house and I don't want that hefty car payment for the next 5 years so thats why I went the route I did.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
wow your going to be laying out a few bucks for that termy.. good luck on gettin it though.

whats everyone sellin their cars for?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Ya everyone is getting a new car :dunno:. Me on the other hand im just gonna spray the shit out of mine ;D

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well hopefully I can put close to 15k for the down-payment, and be able to find a nice one for around 22-24k??? I dunno, we'll see. And yea, i have no bills, and no tickets

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea Im gonna check that out later today :noes:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
when i was getting ready to buy my car my parents went to where we had our insurance through because i was busy working and he told them that they couldnt insure me and if any other company did it would be 400+ a month. I was kind of pissed because it is just a gt and i was gonna go have a little talk with the ****** then my boss told me of a different place in town so i went there and they said no problem and my full coverage is almost 200 a month. I knew i was gonna get raped. I would hate to see what it would be w/o a clean record :noes: Man i need to get a good radar dectector soon ;D

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
94yellowgt said:
You can always do what I did. I just took my '94 and did Heads/Cam/ Intake and a D1SC Procharger and I will be putting out more power than any stock Terminator and some modded Terminators with less weight and less money. My insurance is only $100 a month and the car is paid for. I was in the same boat as you about a year ago and wanted a Terminator so bad but im about to buy a house and I don't want that hefty car payment for the next 5 years so thats why I went the route I did.

his car is a modular, you cant go much over 400HP without forging the internals....with a couple bolt-ons on a termie you see over 500RWHP.

94Vert

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
94Vert said:
Dude do you realize what your car payment and insurance will be. Probably like close to 600 per month. Get a low mile 99 cobra and put a blower on it, then you got termy #'s. And alot less debt. That way you will actually be able to drive it some and not just to work.
ummm termie owns a 99 with a blower by like a bazillion...forged internals own the 99/01. and i think his payments are gonna be more than $600 a month for car payments and insurance.

You fail to see the bigger picture. 99 cobra=320 hp, good blower 30-40% of hp= 416-448. Termys were underrated at 390, so lets say 430. True the termys do have better components. For a younger kid the 99 cobra will be way cheaper and he will still have big numbers. and slightly cheaper insurance.
As far as his payments it depends on how old he is, his driving record, and the interest rate he gets. 600 a month is attainable if everything is ok. but it would be quite a bit less for a 99 cobra.

94Vert

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
his car is a modular, you cant go much over 400HP without forging the internals....with a couple bolt-ons on a termie you see over 500RWHP.

I cant' tell you how many people with a stock block (87-98) are making over 400 hp and our just fine.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
94Vert said:
DFG_Pimpin said:

I cant' tell you how many people with a stock block (87-98) are making over 400 hp and our just fine.

I think DFG was saying that the internals can't handle over 400 hp. The block is fine for almost twice that if I remember right.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
If your only getting a termy to show your cuzn who's car is faster.. thats a waste of money. Right now he has a faster car than you, but does he pay for the thing fully or his parents?? Who would pay for your car? What if your car needs something repaired like a head gasket or new heads. How would you afford to get that done if all your money is going to go towards insurance/car payments. I would hate to see someone young just working to pay a car monthly and thats it. Everything else you could want you couldn't get because of the car.

Just think about fets... long and harddddddddddd (no perv thoughts you freaks) Don't let your cuzn make your life miserable by trying to keep up a termy.

94Vert

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
94Vert said:
DFG_Pimpin said:

I think DFG was saying that the internals can't handle over 400 hp. The block is fine for almost twice that if I remember right.

The stock internals are good for over 400 hp as well.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
94Vert said:
The stock internals are good for over 400 hp as well.

so thats why most people leave there tune at around 400...cause once they go much over that they will start fucking up the internals. You can go on any forum you want and ask them how much a stock modular motor will take, and i bet you they are gonna say around 400.

and telling him to go and buy a 99 cobra then go buy a supercharger is kinda not seeing the whole picture either there pal....its much easier to have $200 a month more in payments than save up $4000 or more for a supercharger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online