Went back to my old look.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
The plasti dip on my wheels seen better days. It was on for a couple months and it just keeps degrading in terms of blackness. It slowly starts turning grayish from a mixture of road dirt and brake dust im guessing.
To this:
10n4xhh.jpg

4vs0m1.jpg

from this: http://i46.tinypic.com/rr2p75.jpg

Now to be honest after removing the black i hate how the car looks now. It looks so stock and like every other cobra R wheel person out there. Chrome R's look terrible in person!

So im stuck on my decision.
Should i go FULL black (no chrome left on wheel) on my next application

or

Should i keep the small lip chrome like it was in my plasti dip picture above.

edit: I cant afford new wheels or tires right now, so the R's are here to stay till things get better in my life.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
ditch the cobra R in general! horrible wheels IMO. So out dated and over done

Money is a huge issue right now in my life. Can barely afford to live with my so call full time job.. let alone have new wheels on my car lol.

So plasti dip is my only option right now @ $5/can.

The R's are here to stay unless i get another job or my hours pick up @ work by 20-30 hours.

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
Money is a huge issue right now in my life. Can barely afford to live with my so call full time job.. let alone have new wheels on my car lol.

So plasti dip is my only option right now @ $5/can.

The R's are here to stay unless i get another job or my hours pick up @ work by 20-30 hours.

i completely understand that! it was hard for me to sell my wheels and get ones i wanted. I put my saleens on CL for a price and stood by them, they stayed on there for months LOL then finally someone bought them and i got a HUGE deal on the ones i have now. Getting rid of my wheels wasnt a MUST need but if someone wanted to buy that would have been wonderful LOL plus at the time my 95 wasnt my DD so it didnt hurt to sit on stands till i got some new kicks.

I say paint them all black and do something a lil different from what you had before, and it you dont like it just peel it off :) either way chrome or black looks killer on your car

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
If you have to keep them...I say do them black again with a lip like you had before. They looked good that way...all black will just look dirty.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
If you have to keep them...I say do them black again with a lip like you had before. They looked good that way...all black will just look dirty.

I agree also. I have to keep them.

Sadly, work has been depressing . Lost a big account and my hours dropped by 28ish hours. On top of that i brought another car so i have a car note. So if that car sells i should be okay, but otherwise im stuck with full insurance on it with a car note while struggling anyway. The mustang wont get any goodies for as long as my life is this shitty.

:( Poor mustang.. being neglected because of a Hyundai car note......

lizwithfries

Reaction score
I love the Cobra R wheels! I think black with a chrome lip would look killer on your car!!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
IMO you need something on the wheel to break up all the black with the tire too. I liked the polished lip but try on 1 wheel to paint the lip black and leave the spokes chrome. If you like it do the other 3.

ProKiller

Reaction score
re paint them black with the chrome lip. they looked good.

Goldmember

Reaction score
Going to do this on my curb-rashed stock 17's. (Better to hide the curb damage)

I'm in the same position as you but for different reasons on the lack of $ thing, name of the game is to make do with what you have til things get better. That's why everything I'm doing this year is in the cheap/easy category

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
hey twista cheer up dude! at least u have a nice mustang and the air in ur lungs bro!! instead of doin black again ever thought about goin with this kinda look?? not quite sure how u paint wheels but u seem to have some experience with it..might be a nice change from the black on black drab thing..
cobrardeepdish_lg-1.jpg

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
^same wheel right? cant really tell from ur pic, my car looked just like yours before i painted it and my wheels are kinda gunmetal grey with a polished lip. on black it looked great!!! just an idea:)

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
hey twista cheer up dude! at least u have a nice mustang and the air in ur lungs bro!! instead of doin black again ever thought about goin with this kinda look?? not quite sure how u paint wheels but u seem to have some experience with it..might be a nice change from the black on black drab thing..
cobrardeepdish_lg-1.jpg

Thanks. I re-did them black on Friday again. I did however try that look you posted above on Friday, but it looked horrible because i dont have a LIP and the chrome is peeling bad on 2 wheels.

Saturday pic:
117y3ih.jpg

xby68h.jpg

Im just stuck with these ugly headlights and plasti dip wheels till stuff gets better for me. I did figure out how to give them a simi wet/glosy look instead of the full blown flat black look.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
aw yea i see, dif lip! doesnt look too bad at all! plus pics never do a car justice, ive tried every thing to get a fn pic to actually look the same as my car really looks, aint happenin, lol!!! still a nice gt tho twista:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online