Went To The Insurance Adjuster Today........................................

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
and they cut me a check for $765.28 on the spot. From there I went and made an apointment to get the Cobra fixed. I drop it off on May 7th.

For those of you who don't remember or saw the pic, this is the problem I have now.

100_2614-vi.jpg

If you look in the middle of the spot where the paint peeled you can see a small white ring, that is the impact crator.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
wow thats a lot of money to fix that... but cool beans :banana:

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
wow thats a lot of money to fix that... but cool beans :banana:

It's not just that, there are a total of 5 impact craters in the door and rear quarter panel. That is to repair and repaint the door and rear quater panel.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
cool beans my 93 i hit a raccoon right after i had the front bumper put on and painted it cracked all the paint and started pealing like that it was estimated at 578 to repair and my deductiable was 500 so i said screw that crap so i run around with a crap front bumper

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
cool beans my 93 i hit a raccoon right after i had the front bumper put on and painted it cracked all the paint and started pealing like that it was estimated at 578 to repair and my deductiable was 500 so i said screw that crap so i run around with a crap front bumper

My comprehensive deductable is $100.00

S

scarface

cool they hooked you up...the damn windstar is getting a spot on the hood like that now :(

M.O.E

Reaction score
My paint is falking every where like your's just not as bad. Can i just clame that on my insurance, and they will fix it??

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
M.O.E said:
My paint is falking every where like your's just not as bad. Can i just clame that on my insurance, and they will fix it??

Mine started peeling because it was hit by several rocks thrown by a lawnmower. If the paint is peeling because it is old or bad prep I doubt they will cover it. But if it was caused by somthing then they might. It depends on the insurance co.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
tRaV_19 said:

oh thats cool then most bodyshops around here cover up to 250....my insurance is just pure insanity that i cant have low of a deductiable

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
uncltrvlnmatt said:
tRaV_19 said:

oh thats cool then most bodyshops around here cover up to 250....my insurance is just pure insanity that i cant have low of a deductiable

My comprehensive deductable is $100.00, my collision deductable is $500.00. It all depends on what you pay for. The higher the deductable, the cheaper your insurance is.

97blackgt

Reaction score
cool man, thats a nice amount of money

i didnt realize that spot was so ugly...hope u get it fixed up nice though 8)

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Cool beans that things went smoothly brother, what insurance do you roll with?

And is it just me/thepicture or am i seeing two impact craters? ???

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
FIVELITERS said:
Cool beans that things went smoothly brother, what insurance do you roll with?

And is it just me/thepicture or am i seeing two impact craters? ???

There is only one impact crater that you can see in the pic. One is right above the side scoop in the seem on the 1/4 panel. the other 3 are up by the door handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online