Wet floor

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Is that the black one? It looks like thats what was on there before

Silicon comes in lots of colors and non of it should be uses around the windows as a permanent fix. It can cause rust if left on long term.
The proper stuff is window urathane.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Silicon comes in lots of colors and non of it should be uses around the windows as a permanent fix. It can cause rust if left on long term.
The proper stuff is window urathane.

Oh ok so it could trap the water? If anything Ill go tear it out. Thanks for the heads up man.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I'm tellin' ya, drive through a carwash and see what happens. Wear a rain coat.

Don't Sext and Drive.

lol ok, probably towards friday I will just to see if it leaks. Also I found out you cant buy that insulation under the carpet by itself. Im a little bummed about that but my carpet isnt in the best shape so I might as well swap it out.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I replaced my carpet not long ago. I shopped my azz off and I found out that every vendor is selling ACC carpet. If you get carpet opt of the "mass backing" option and you won't need the gray crap that's under the original carpet. Rockauto is the cheapest place, they charge you to ship but it still comes out cheaper. It's the same carpet that AM, LMRS, etc, sells.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=5970495&cc=1134188&jnid=513&jpid=1
http://www.rockauto.com/m/mobilecat...e+Sensor+Connector+acdelco&blanktemplate=true
I went with the $152 one and it's nice.
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/95-gt-interior-r-r.882477/page-2

Don't Sext and Drive.

Sweet man thanks and thats funny because I love shopping at rock auto I even get 5% off I shop there so much lol. And you said to not get the back mass? Thanks.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you can afford it I would say do not get the jute backing and instead go with a mass loaded vinyl instead. Its closed cell so it doesn't absorb water, performs better with noise and last longer. Down sides are that its heavier and costs more but I noticed a difference when I did it. Rather then getting a precut piece of carpet I just got an unbacked carpet and a can of spray adhesive and after cutting and taping the MLV to fit the floor I just glued it in directly do the MLV just like the stock carpet and jute are. I think I paid $30 for the carpet, and $10 for the glue so once the MLV was added in it was not all that much more expensive if I remember correctly. I used second skins luxery liner and would highly recommend it to anyone that wants a quieter ride.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
It's not about pulling our carpet and showing what's under. Once again you fail to see the point.

The idea of this forum is not just for people to show off their rides but to also hep educate those who don't know and want to learn. It's our place to help show them the right way to do things and teach why the wrong is wrong.

Again, all you do is talk talk talk. When in reality you never actually say anything.

Do I see a lot of gt's with cobra bumpers and Mach chins?!?! Yep, but I also see a lot of other custom rides that have none of the above. Hell, as much as my sig is shown around that's obvious. There is several others here such as Scott, dalamar, and others that have built some seriously custom beast.

What have you done or built that is so different or better?!??

..................?!?! Exactly nothing!!!!

Find a new thread to cloud. This ones been ruined enough. Op I hope you fixed your flooded carpet issue

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Thanks man lol. So far it looks like Ive fixed it but its not really raining anymore so its hard to tell but I reinserted the grommet so hopefully its fixed. Ill let you know probably on friday since thats my next day off and Ill have time to finally to mess with it.

On a side note, holy shit what has this thread turned into. This is the longest that Ive ever been the op, even on moddedmustangs too lol.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
Thanks man lol. So far it looks like Ive fixed it but its not really raining anymore so its hard to tell but I reinserted the grommet so hopefully its fixed. Ill let you know probably on friday since thats my next day off and Ill have time to finally to mess with it.

On a side note, holy shit what has this thread turned into. This is the longest that Ive ever been the op, even on moddedmustangs too lol.

If you take nothing else from this young Skywalker, rockauto sells the same carpet as everyone else (ACC) and it's a little cheaper. Be sure and opt for the mass backing.

Don't Sext and Drive.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
thanks but can you get the links were he was acting smart for a sec and listing prices as well? Hell just delete it all I mean he wasn't adding to the post. Amazing one tool can make so much crap to clean up in a couple of weeks.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry, but i didnt really every comment here, but i saw that no one mentioned your heater core. So if you are still finding you carpet damp, might want to check the heater core. If its coolant.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I figured out that it was the grommet for the hood release cable was inside the car. It looks to have fixed it so far but thanks for posting man.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online