Wet floor

07GtS197

Reaction score
So since I bought this stang about 2 weeks ago the drivers side floor right in front of the seat has been damp. I took a carpet cleaner to it and sucked up some nasty looking water and its dried a little but its still damp. The firewall is dry and I dont se any water anywhere else. What do you guys think it could be?

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking but its only wet in this one spot just in front of the seat. If its the cowl wouldnt it be running down the firewall and getting that and the whole floor wet?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Go bathroom before driving the car old man and see if it stops!!!!

Otherwise you might need some Depends....... Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Have you actually verified it isn't coming down the FW by pulling the carpet? Or at least pull the carpet back then pour water down the cowl?

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I have not. Ive just visually checked the area for water but thats it. Ill do that tomorrow since Im off then.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Ive been working and havent had time to mess with until today. Ill definately post up later and let you guys know whats up. Id love to get this fixed. Ive only owned this stang for a few weeks but its already my baby lol.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Yea my ac is fine. My buddy and I pulled the carpet back and felt for wet spots and we pinpointed where its leaking in. The grommet around the cable for the hood was out of its spot so Im guessing thats where it was coming in. Ill keep you guys posted, thanks guys.

Ballistic

Reaction score
Doesn't hurt to test the windshield with some soapy water and spray it on the outside edge, then use an air compressor to blow air from the inside out along the edges. Should see bubbles on the outside if you there gaps in your windshield adhesive

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
It looks to be coming through one of the grommets on the firewall. The one for the hood latch was out so I put it back in and pulled the carpet over there. Its supposed to rain so if it gets wet again Ill know the problem is something else.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
It rained the other day and I checked under the carpet again and all seems to be well. Its hard to tell because I think there was some residual water which made the floorboard a little bit damp. But man was that carpet liner soaked so it probably just trickled down to the floorboard after I pulled parts of it. Plus I replaced the wiper cowl and decided to seal part of the windshield just for shits and giggles.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
It rained the other day and I checked under the carpet again and all seems to be well. Its hard to tell because I think there was some residual water which made the floorboard a little bit damp. But man was that carpet liner soaked so it probably just trickled down to the floorboard after I pulled parts of it. Plus I replaced the wiper cowl and decided to seal part of the windshield just for shits and giggles.

Hopefully you didn't use silicone RTV.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online