wet passenger floor!!!

02mawhinGT

Reaction score
Like the title says my passenger floor gets soaked... I can hear water moving around when I make turns, yes my heater is on.. Not sure if its the heater core. Any other suggestions? Its a 02 GT by the way.. Just got it and its also been sprinkling and or really foggy. Was wondering if maybe that could be it and if so where could it be getting in through?
Thanks appreciate the help.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
as stated above.
You should be able to smell coolant especially if the car has been running. It will be slippery too.
If it's coolant then it heater core. If it's water then it's probably the door or windshield leaking. Pray it's not the heater core.

If you just got the car then I bet the PO knew about the leak.

joser714

Reaction score
Your sunroof maybe. I heard aftermarket suinroofs are known to leak or maybe a weather strip. Mine also leaks from the back where the back passenger sits but its a convertible

Sent from my LG-D851

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Most cars don't have sunroofs.

There was a problem with the cowl leaking, but I think that usually soaks the drivers side. Get over there and sniff your floor board, you'll be able to tell if its coolant or just plain water.

RichV

Reaction score
Trace it down, if it's just water then cowl, windshield, door/glass, or a possible rust hole in the floor. Coolant, heater core.

OP
OP

02mawhinGT

Reaction score
No its not coolan its just plain water.. And I noticed there's water drops coming from under the dash board..

OP
OP

02mawhinGT

Reaction score
I was checking it out this morning when I got home from work and this is what I saw.. Theres drops coming from here..

OP
OP

02mawhinGT

Reaction score
I'm getting water build up in the blower motor but can't seem to find from where.

chris91

Reaction score
Check your coolant reservoir and see if they put normal water in the system. Id bet they did and its a leaking heater core.

OP
OP

02mawhinGT

Reaction score
Check your coolant reservoir and see if they put normal water in the system. Id bet they did and its a leaking heater core.

I drained as soon as I noticed it, it had antifreeze.. So I filled it back up with new antifreeze just to make sure.. It looks like just water. Dirty water

chris91

Reaction score
Odd... Where do you live? Have you been using the AC? Has it been raining a good bit? I know you said it was sprinkling.

venom

Reaction score
I had a leak on my old 2007 Leuxs GS. Turns out it was the tank that is suppose to collect the condensation from AC evap. If it's leaking when AC is on as others have stated could be clogged drip tube or cracked tank.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
What you could do is find an A/C foam cleaner.

Shoot it into the drip tube, let it sit for a while and then run your A/C. Usually it's a 2step system, one can for the driptube and one can for the cowl vents after the foam cleaner has run its course.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online