What About Rally Stripes?

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I thought about getting some rally stripes. The color i was looking at is silver. Anybody know if they are easy to put on or should it be done by a bodyshop? oh, and i mean the twin rally stripes running down the center bumper to bumper.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I dont mind them if there fairly wide, not sure what width but the ones that are optional on the 03-04GTs are too thin IMO. I think a dark silver would look good, then get some arthnernate wheels to match ;)

EThorpe

Reaction score
I LOVE Rally Stripes on cars, I haven't seen a whole lot'em on the sn95 body style's to tell you the truth. Every thread I've seen on installing stripes on this body style is a real S.O.B with all the curves, and yes, try to go as wide as possible. Looks kind of funky with some skinny ass stripes.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Racing stripes, or shelby stripes can look good.

The have to match the proportions of the car though.

I'm with matt on the dark gray, I think that would go good with the black. You dont want them to be too much contrast, or it looks like the car is cut down the middle (my opinion)
I also like it when they stop before going over the rear bumper.

Are you thinking vynal sticker, body shops can give you estimates. they can be tricky to apply correctly.

good luck.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would definately have 2 big fat stripes going down my car if i had a coupe...

ALITL8

Reaction score
take it from someone that had vinyl stripes... HAVE IT PAINTED ON!! do it right or dont do it at all! vinyl fades, cracks, discolors and damages your paint! i dont care what any of you say on this subject... ive seen it, experienced it and "tried" to fix the damage on more than one vehicle! the best thing you can do with factory vinyl when you buy a new car is... REMOVE IT!!!

sorry, got excited... dont do it, man!!! save your money for mods and paint ;)

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
take it from someone that had vinyl stripes... HAVE IT PAINTED ON!! do it right or dont do it at all! vinyl fades, cracks, discolors and damages your paint! i dont care what any of you say on this subject... ive seen it, experienced it and "tried" to fix the damage on more than one vehicle! the best thing you can do with factory vinyl when you buy a new car is... REMOVE IT!!!

sorry, got excited... dont do it, man!!! save your money for mods and paint ;)

Thanks for the info. I have never heard this side of it.

ALITL8

Reaction score
Foster98GT said:
Thanks for the info. I have never heard this side of it.

your car looks plenty good! i still have some vinyl on my car but thats only because im waiting till i have all my mods before i do the paint. i dont want someone feeling bad because they messed up my nice new paint.

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not sure, but it's this kind of stripe that you want?

4c0d54f5.jpg

Look good, but maybe it will be more difficult to sell.

Francis

joshs95

Reaction score
vinyls peel on every vehicle thay last about a year or less then they start to peel and chip and every thing , i never thought it was worth the money.

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
yeah i want some similar to those, i want the stripes to cover my bumpers as well. I really didn't give the peeling and chiping much thought, but if that's going to happen,,,I dint want them.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you are going to do a vynal stripe, find somebody that does vynal lettering on trucks and trailers. All the lettering and logo's are vynal on trailers. They very rarely come off if done properly. If it starts to come off they will probably have some sort of warrenty on it. I have seen some of these guys put them on new trailers.

The main thing to remember with vynal stripes is you cant use any kind of direct presure on them from a presure washer. That will peel the stripe off very quickly, and they would not cover it under anykind of warrenty.

ALITL8

Reaction score
as i stated before, dont use vinyl!!!! save you pennies for paint and have it done right!

the vinyl they installed on my car was 7 yr vinyl, "the best", and it lasted approx. 4 years before it started discoloring. i never had any problems with it peeling or flaking, even under my 2600 psi pressure washer. what did happen is unrepairable damage to the paint... color sanding wont even fix it :mad:

Robuilt

Reaction score
Robert.sized.jpg

Got my kit off eBay, like $20 or something. My brother and i layed them on one night we were bored.

I dont like the bumper to bumper look, i just stayed wtih Hood to Trunk stripes. My personal preference.

el docum

Reaction score
Hello Robuilt,

Your car look good whit these stripe, also it was not expensive, it's a good economical way the change the appearance of your Stang.

Francis

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online