What all is involved in swapping a t-5

RelapsedGT

Reaction score
What all would i need to swap a t-5 transmission with my aode automatic transmisison.. i have a 95 gt.. would the 87-93 t-5's work? what all is involved though.. is it hard?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I dont think a fox trans will work :-\ its not that big of a deal you just have to round up all the parts for it. Like the trans / bell house / clutch / pedals / drive shaft ( not sure about that one ) / clutch cable........and so on and on

OP
OP
R

RelapsedGT

Reaction score
thanks for the reply snakebite..
does anyone know if i do need another drive shaft or not? but a fox tranny wont work.. im still not sure because i see them separated from sn95s but sometimes i see them run from 87 all the way to 95.. does anybody know for sur?

ryclef331

Reaction score
RelapsedGT said:
thanks for the reply snakebite..
does anyone know if i do need another drive shaft or not? but a fox tranny wont work.. im still not sure because i see them separated from sn95s but sometimes i see them run from 87 all the way to 95.. does anybody know for sur?

Fox body trannys were 5/8ths of an inch shorter on the input shaft SO you'll need to run a fox body bellhousing and clutch fork to run the FOX T5 to make sure the input shaft seats properly into the pilot bearing....because of this, also you'll need a 5/8th" spacer for the driveshaft. Keep in mind this will move the shifter 5/8" further forward in the car. Keep in mind now as well that if you go into the market for long tube headers in the future with a fox bellhousing and clutch fork, you can run into problems with clearance around the clutch fork itself.

Other wise, you need a 5speed pedal assembly, clutch cable, flywheel, and clutch assy as well.

fordguysmith

Reaction score
i was looking into this also. I went to a local salvage yard, they looked it up on the computer and said I would need all the above mentioned parts, 94-95 transmission, wiring harness, and computer. I was ready to sell my truck and plunk down the cash to do this because I would love to have a manual until I found out how much changing I would have to do. It's also very expensive. It's essentially not worth it in my eyes. that's my .02

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.