What all is involved in swapping a t-5

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by RelapsedGT, Apr 16, 2007.

1. RelapsedGT

RelapsedGT New Member

What all would i need to swap a t-5 transmission with my aode automatic transmisison.. i have a 95 gt.. would the 87-93 t-5's work? what all is involved though.. is it hard?

2. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

I dont think a fox trans will work :-\ its not that big of a deal you just have to round up all the parts for it. Like the trans / bell house / clutch / pedals / drive shaft ( not sure about that one ) / clutch cable........and so on and on

3. RelapsedGT

RelapsedGT New Member

thanks for the reply snakebite..
    does anyone know if i do need another drive shaft or not? but a fox tranny wont work.. im still not sure because i see them separated from sn95s but sometimes i see them run from 87 all the way to 95.. does anybody know for sur?

4. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

Fox body trannys were 5/8ths of an inch shorter on the input shaft SO you'll need to run a fox body bellhousing and clutch fork to run the FOX T5 to make sure the input shaft seats properly into the pilot bearing....because of this, also you'll need a 5/8th" spacer for the driveshaft. Keep in mind this will move the shifter 5/8" further forward in the car. Keep in mind now as well that if you go into the market for long tube headers in the future with a fox bellhousing and clutch fork, you can run into problems with clearance around the clutch fork itself.

Other wise, you need a 5speed pedal assembly, clutch cable, flywheel, and clutch assy as well.

5. fordguysmith

fordguysmith New Member

i was looking into this also. I went to a local salvage yard, they looked it up on the computer and said I would need all the above mentioned parts, 94-95 transmission, wiring harness, and computer. I was ready to sell my truck and plunk down the cash to do this because I would love to have a manual until I found out how much changing I would have to do. It's also very expensive. It's essentially not worth it in my eyes. that's my .02