what are you guys using to paint the letters on tires

Reaction score
autozone sells a paint pen that you can use. it works for a little bit, but ultimately everything will end up fading and looking like crap. its because the tires soak up all of the oil and stuff from the ground. the only way to get the letters white and not fade or get dirty is to actually apply extra rubber in the color you want to the tires. check out ammo nyc on youtube the guy goes in depth about it *racecar* and even shows you where you can buy the *racecar* rubber to apply to your *racecar* car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvd0uRljLmg

Royal96

Reaction score
autozone sells a paint pen that you can use. it works for a little bit, but ultimately everything will end up fading and looking like crap. its because the tires soak up all of the oil and stuff from the ground. the only way to get the letters white and not fade or get dirty is to actually apply extra rubber in the color you want to the tires. check out ammo nyc on youtube the guy goes in depth about it *racecar* and even shows you where you can buy the *racecar* rubber to apply to your *racecar* car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvd0uRljLmg

The last time I looked into ammo nyc, they only had extra letters and stuff that you were supposed to stick to a flat part of your sidewall, didnt actually make the letters already there pop out.
Has anyone else considered using white plastidip? I will probably eventually try it.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
[MENTION=13575]9838stang[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14727]96blak54[/MENTION] i believe painted the letters on their tires, im sure they will chime in here eventually.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
There's a place that sells letters for the tires. Like searching for parts at a part store, put ya tires make and model in. And they send you the letters for it. My buddy did it on his GT500. Paid out the ass, its like upwards of 100 bones a tire. Permanent too. But **** that.

OP
OP
Austinx56

Austinx56

Reaction score
There's a place that sells letters for the tires. Like searching for parts at a part store, put ya tires make and model in. And they send you the letters for it. My buddy did it on his GT500. Paid out the ass, its like upwards of 100 bones a tire. Permanent too. But **** that.

a 100 bucks, and its free advertising for the company f*** that indeed

Reaction score
Yea the company is tredwear. It's referenced in the video. But. Nobody ever said it was worth it. Lol. The plastidip idea is interesting though. Doing the tire letters is like buying exports. Cool, but not necessarily worth the money

Reaction score
so from what ive been researching it seems only import guys do this.........

thats some bs cause i see tons of muscle do this. even a lot of euro like bmws, but i dont think ive ever seen an import, in my area at least, with their tire letters colored. i usually always see mustangs with them. more so S197s and some S550s, lots of new edges on ig, but ive never seen any imports. also who cares? lol take a look at ferocious' old car and im sure you wont mind putting them on your car hahah. also yellow tires would look good on the red.

this was one of the guys i followed on ig when i used it (roushleen i believe)

DSC05201e.jpeg

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Spray paint and a stencil. Just like how the idlers club cars do it.

Gluing stickers to your tires is great if your car is anything but driven. Paint pens are a waste of time. You'll spend hours trying to fill in the raised letters on the tires.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I used Dykem paint pen. If I recall, walmart sells the brand in many colors. I tested a few paint pens from work. The Dykem brand likes rubber. The other brands could be rubbed off.

9838stang

Reaction score
Rustoleum white paint markers. I've had to touch them up a couple of times but work pretty good

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I used white appliance paint. No idea how well it holds up yet since I have neither driven the car nor washed it yet. I'll be happy to update once I get it back on the road.