What Body Style Mustangs Have You had?

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have or had a 66 coup, 68GT Fastback, 69 Fastback, and my 97 Cobra.

What body styles have you guys had in the past or have now.

You can vote up to 9 times one for each catagory.

Greggerex

Reaction score
Just this one! :)

It was my first CAR. More to come, I'm sure. 8)

ck5.0

Reaction score
My first mustang was an 84 GT. I was only 16. It was pretty decent aside from its paint job. I ws super broke but did what I could to it. The second one was an 89 gt turned LX. That car was great until the fiberglass hood flew up and cracked the winsheild. I fix the winsheild but the hood was never the same.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My 94GT and before a mint 91 LX 5.0 which I miss...

476183_35_full.jpg

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
ive had a 95v6 and my GT, im hoping to either pick up a 94-95 GT, 96-98 Cobra, or my sister's 03GT

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
2 fox's and 2 sn95's...i would like to add a new one as a daily driver but i'm still not in love with them. Maybe the 09 refresh will be better :dunno:

I would really love to buy one of those resto mods that are popular, maybe a 68 with a modern suspension/chasis/brakes/engine but they are very pricey currently.

S

scarface

I have had a 79, 81, 83 V-8 stangs. my stang before this was a 93 cobra. Finally now my 97 gt.

OP
OP
U

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
2 fox's and 2 sn95's...i would like to add a new one as a daily driver but i'm still not in love with them. Maybe the 09 refresh will be better :dunno:

I would really love to buy one of those resto mods that are popular, maybe a 68 with a modern suspension/chasis/brakes/engine but they are very pricey currently.

Did you ever think about doing one on your oun? There are plenty of older six cylinder mustangs out there. I would hate to see somebody restomod a 67-68GT or a big block coup.

You can get your parts car or engine parts here.

http://www.billfoxsautosales.com/ Bill Fox is in Dover Pa. near Harrisburg.

Or here

http://prestigemustang.com/ Prestige Mustang is in Atlanta Ga.

for wiring harneses you can get them here

http://www.ronfrancis.com/

suspension parts here,

http://www.rcmotorsports.net/

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No i don't have the time or patience for a project like that, i would rather buy someones elses headache and have it tweeked and finished. I'm sure the majority of the restomods are former 6cyl cars since now the market is so high for a GT in restored condition.

snoball

Reaction score
This is my first car. Im only 17 got it when i was 15. Probably selling it at the end of summer. Im ready for modular power in the form of a 96-98 cobra with a good suspension setup and some spray or a 01-04 gt 2v with cams,slicks,bottle and a stall. Either way should put me in the 12s. Friend with similiar setup on his get ran high 11s for his best pass.

ALITL8

Reaction score
76 w/302 back in the day (80's). 2 - 97's now

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh lord ::) well my first was a 97V-6 bought for me as a grad present from HS. It got totaled about 6 months after I got it ( not my fault ) I got a 97 Ford Explorer with my ins check. Then my explorer lasted a whole 3 months or so, until I got side swiped with it :nonono: I didnt want it after that because the damage was severe ( almost 10 grand ) so I went ahead and got my first V8 Stang.....a Black 98 :). Fate would not allow me to be happy however :-[ maybe a month or two after I got it, I was rear ended at a stop light in town :mad:. The car got fixed, by the Ford bodyshop in Wilmington NC................and they did a PISS POOR job :slap: :slap: I had orange peal and bubbles all over my paint. Then I took it in to be fixed and all they did was go over it with a finishing block :rant: :rant: :rant:. Oh boy, I raised more hell that day than the devil has his entire exsistance. Needless to say I got every penny credit on trade in I paid for that GT, and got into another 98GT, this one was Blue with a AODE. It was cool but about a year later I got sick of that automatic, and went to the Ford lot to look for a manual car. This was at the end of the year and the deals on the remaining 98's were GREAT. So I traded on a Red 98 with a 5-speed. Kept that one for a while, ( cant recall how long ) and then........seen a 96GT with a automatic at the Lincoln dealership, it had exhaust on it and for some reason felt VERY QUICK. So I did the unthinkable and traded my 98 in on that 96 :D. Kept it for about a year, and then got a 95GT. It was a great car and I had it for a few years, had a nice motor in it with heads/cam/intake........I wound up selling it after I got my use out of it.

Then for my ( second car ) the first one I got was a 91GT convertable, I got it for a car to drive on the weekends. It didnt last long, I might have had it a month and seen a 98 Cobra at the Ford lot in town...........yup I traded. That cobra was a mistake and I should have never got it, it wound up getting traded on a 99 Ranger Lease. Just another mistake..... :nonono: :nonono:

Then another string of autos started with the purchase of a 93 Jeep Cherokee, kept for a while traded in on my 91 Green GT........kept it for a few years and sold it to " a friend " With that money bought a 98GT from a friend in Geroiga......sold it after a year and a half.......and got my 99 Cobra. :bunny3:

Bought a 97 Mercury mountaineer, kept it for a year or so, traded it in on 01 Jeep Cherokee I just sold that last summer.

Kind of went off topic with my post but I had to map out all the crap that I have done over the last 10 years or so :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: Living at home with your parents and making 60k a year can lead a 18 year old to do some crazy BS :nonono:

To answer this thread....I have had a total of 11 Stangs over the last 10 years

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
$60k at 18? :pimp2:

Man you go through cars like I do with girls! (actually that was a joke and is not true) ;)

I hope to have this stang now forever and get a fastback after college. And a civic as a daily driver. :dancing6:

That'd keep me happy.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Red96GT said:

yep, my Dad owns a Mechanical Contracting company ( HVAC ) and I have always been " the man " in the company ^-^ so I got lucky at a early age to make some good money.

He retires at the end of this year, and I take the wheel of the company :bunny3:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:

yep, my Dad owns a Mechanical Contracting company ( HVAC ) and I have always been " the man " in the company ^-^ so I got lucky at a early age to make some good money.

He retires at the end of this year, and I take the wheel of the company :bunny3:

:dance:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Red96GT said:

lucky sob! Wow he really hooked you up, 60K at 18, shit I wouldnt know what to do with that money...prob buy a house actually.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just this one. and its attracted so much negative attention im scared to drive it! F dickhead cops

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81