What Brakes you?

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
well back onto your brake question. as I said, the pads you have are just fine for what you're doing. don't replace em till you need to. I wouldn't worry too much about throwing tons of upgrades at the car while you're learning anyways. cobra brakes with some nice track pads (which you have) and some cooling are plenty for track days. once you're seriously running fast lap times....(verified by timing) then I'd say go for big brakes up front for sure. that is what I'm planning on doing. but till then....no need to waste the money now.

Agreed. My HPDE 1 instructor has Cobra front brakes with HP+ pads and I believe Motul 600 on his 02 GT. Never had an issue. My plans are to go supercharged, and since I had the chance to pick up a set of Brembos off a GT500, I wanted to max out the 13 inch Cobras and do a comparison test down the road.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

ba#97

Reaction score
Agreed. My HPDE 1 instructor has Cobra front brakes with HP+ pads and I believe Motul 600 on his 02 GT. Never had an issue. My plans are to go supercharged, and since I had the chance to pick up a set of Brembos off a GT500, I wanted to max out the 13 inch Cobras and do a comparison test down the road.

I don't know how the 4.6's are but I don't feel like forced induction is the way to go for open track in our cars. how is your suspension setup? make sure suspension , brakes and driver are dialed in way before you worry about power.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
I don't know how the 4.6's are but I don't feel like forced induction is the way to go for open track in our cars. how is your suspension setup? make sure suspension , brakes and driver are dialed in way before you worry about power.

Power is way down the road. I figured since the suspension mods and tire width I am doing will put me in such a high class, might as well go balls deep when I reach race group. My suspension guy has a personal mission to make this thing handle.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Front: Brembo Cobra R Caliper, Centric Blank rotor (high carbon), Carbotech XP12 pad. Rear: Stock GT caliper, Centric blank rotor (high carbon), Carbotech XP8 pad. Hydroboost. Motul 600 fluild.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
what plans do you have for the suspension?

The front is going to be a MN K-member with some one off front coilovers. The rear will be a modified 4 link, or Lotus Link as my boss calls it.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
Front: Brembo Cobra R Caliper, Centric Blank rotor (high carbon), Carbotech XP12 pad. Rear: Stock GT caliper, Centric blank rotor (high carbon), Carbotech XP8 pad. Hydroboost. Motul 600 fluild.

What size rotors in the front?

ba#97

Reaction score
The front is going to be a MN K-member with some one off front coilovers. The rear will be a modified 4 link, or Lotus Link as my boss calls it.

If you're going with an mm k member, just go with the whole mm front setup. Buy it as a kit and just do it. They have great stuff....its what is on my car. I believe replicar as well.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
If you're going with an mm k member, just go with the whole mm front setup. Buy it as a kit and just do it. They have great stuff....its what is on my car. I believe replicar as well.

My shock builder needs a bigger piston than what the bilsteins can hold, and he is not a fan of any other off the shelf struts for the sn95.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online