What brand Cobra R hood should I get?

tykempster

Reaction score
Hit a tree so I'm needing a new hood anyways...wanting to go Cobra R style. Does anyone have experience with this?

chris91

Reaction score
I have owned the Cobra R and the 2000 Cobra R hoods from Cervinis and the fit is great.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am just installing a VIS carbon fiber Y2k hood. The look of the hood is VERY nice and could not be happier but fitment was not perfect. I had to lengthen the holes for the hinge to allow it to come down about 1/8" to be flush with the fenders edge and to latch down. We are not talking major surgery by any means but we are also not talking about a direct bolt up but for CF there were not many options. I would go cervini if I could have.

Suspect

Reaction score
ive had a kaenen and cervinis.. would buy again.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
After some adjustment I was able to get the hood to fit perfectly and realized that with my front end accident last year and the new core support/hood latch/hood that I am using parts from 3 different cars in that area so the fact it isn't a direct bolt in probably is not the hood manf fault

4210221404441039-2d20f3fa4d.jpg

OP
OP
T

tykempster

Reaction score
There is a company offering $270 hoods in STL in a few weeks, so I'm going to drive my car up there and test fit some to see if they are worth my time. If not, probably going to go Cervini's or Fibertrends.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Is that the one that advertises that they will be driving through your town on a certain day? I have heard of those hoods, never heard anything good though

Caboose302

Reaction score
Cervinins. There's a local place offering $250 hoods but they need a LOT of prep and it almost offsets the cost of buying a better hood unless you can do the prep work yourself.

OP
OP
T

tykempster

Reaction score
I don't see why I couldn't do the prepping, but it also wouldn't be my idea of fun. I'm considering just dropping the change for a nice one

chris91

Reaction score
Also, be careful when buying used. The local company here in Cincy, (Cincinnati Composites, Champion Hoods, other names) made one of their molds from a Cervinis so they have Cervinis on them when you look at the underside. Cervinis also have a part number in the mold and the numbers are crisp and easy to read. The fake ones are typically hard to read or dont even have the part number on them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010